Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-01-2020, 10:55 AM
Large Bat

Deleting the [SpellBookWnd] ref in the UI file worked for me, TY!
Old 12-01-2020, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

I bet the problem is you created a character on blue and then created another character, same name but different class on green. Your pc is trying to run the same ui for your old character, on your new one if that makes sense.

Create a paladin with a random name. Set up Ui and then delete the character. Make a new character with the same name, but different class. The new character will spawn with the paladin abilities, you just cant use them.
Old 12-01-2020, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

The most common cause of this type of problem is changing the base color of the window in question away from default. Be sure the window tint color is set to the default 255-255-255. If that does not fix it then move on to deleting the UI file for the character in question. If that still doesn't fix it, download the P1999 patch files and re-install the UI folder after re-deleting all character UI files.

Different server with same character name does not matter. EQ Titanium saves UI settings on a per-server basis; you have an entirely different file for a Blue or Green character.

Danth
Old 12-28-2020, 07:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Just wanted to add my success to this thread, I had a black spellbook button (on the spell gem bar at the bottom).

I searched for what people suggested (In my case I searched for UI_Zirina)and deleted SpellBookWnd and everything under it up until the next UI element under it in [in brackets]. That did not resolve it, but deleting [CastSpellWnd] and its sub items did. It reloaded a fresh version when I logged back in.

Seems people have two different issues, the spell book button under spellgems is black, or the meditate button inside the spellbook is black. Delete the CastSpellWnd section if your spellgem spellbook button is black, delete the SpellBookWnd if the meditate button inside your spellbook is black. Or just delete the whole file and you'll have to redo any UI elements you edited before.

Thanks for the help, guys, I am glad I could fix my issue. I hope this helps someone else.