Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 04:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cleric is limited by inefficient ways to actually kill enemies, and no mana recovery outside of manastone.

So they aren't ultimate solo players but they remain very versatile.
yah I always thought clerics as primarily a grouping or duo class

If I wanted to solo, I have to go hardcore and get a manastone or head to undead zones

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-01-2020, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

Even with a manastone you're gimped solo, because there's so few zones to use it in the higher level you are.
Old 12-22-2020, 05:27 AM
Planar Protector

It's possible to ding 60 on a cleric without grouping it just takes 250% longer than it would quadding with a wizard or 300% longer than charming or kiting on with a necro or ench.

Because you can kill dark blues all the way up.

Got my Bertoxxulous cleric up to 35, hell is so bad, not fighting in the most efficient place right now.

ToFS should get you into your 40s or unrest easily. Specs will get you to 50. Then go to CoM stables and use lull to break and pull a few undead mobs there, that'll get u to 55. You can also kill both the undead and living mobs outside CoM in EJ prettty easily, you'll burn 50% mana on the roaming undead and 75% on the living mobs. Gate to a safe spot and pray you don't get trained.

The rest is just a slugfest.

As far as Aegis, faction took me like 3 days randomly turning in rib bones and bone chips to level up. I think it takes longer to get Lord Grimrot to spawn and drop the quest turn ins. I think I'm Ally now with Knights of the Thunder (and still Ironically only dubious to my own guild down under). I wish there was a way to be ally to both lol.

Yeah this is my 2x reply....

Also remember u can farm lower lvls zones, like runneyeye, sola, warrens, etc with your AoEs to some extent if you have solid AC and back yourself up into a wall and don't get greedy with too many mobs. Cleric's can easily camp impskin gloves for 5K a pop+sell FS tot he gnomes. And we have access to paineel with a little effort [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

HG's been nerfed to oblivion and back, so ppl only make money farming gear it looks like now-a-days.

Good reasons to play cleric >>> so you can help other players. Or convince them and train them to be your minions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That's winning EQ.
Last edited by magnetaress; 12-22-2020 at 05:31 AM..
Old 12-22-2020, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Assuming the paineel summoning quests are active it’s an easy faction grind. I believe my cleric did them at dubious faction (MQ’ed with my druid). In fact, I might have just invised up to the quest mobs. I also got the Inny’s symbol.

Between the robe option, neck and helm a human cleric is really nice. That helm is instant click and a solid junk buff/GCD clicky.
Old 12-22-2020, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Probably nicest thing about being a disgusting evil human cleric is having access to almost every city by default.

Even as a halfling bristlebane with DE mask I can go anywhere but iksar land.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

I was reading a reddit post about clerics, dont forget root + pacify (or lull, soothe, calm) + atone. You can basically make adds walk away and go home so you or your party can med up and re-pull for around 200-300 mana.

If you root, paci, atone a mob and it doesn't follow you around and point at u while ur close/in melee range, its safe to walk away and it will go home.
Old 12-23-2020, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was reading a reddit post about clerics, dont forget root + pacify (or lull, soothe, calm) + atone. You can basically make adds walk away and go home so you or your party can med up and re-pull for around 200-300 mana.

If you root, paci, atone a mob and it doesn't follow you around and point at u while ur close/in melee range, its safe to walk away and it will go home.
Yup - I use the following tools all the time on blue:

Donal's Bracer

Water Sprinkler of the Forgiven

If you take no action and only have prox agro one Atone (in addition to calm or pacify) is usually enough. If I root them (sometimes unavoidable) then it can take a couple casts before they stop giving me the evil-eye.

-Mcoy
Old 12-23-2020, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Clerics are an under rated CC class, you can see that most of their CC spells they get at the same time as enchanters do. Their heals are so OP it masks their secondary OP crowd control ability. Same applies to Paladins which makes me sadface not think I can make a dwarf on red2.0 even though I want to.

MCOY can you explain the difference between Atone and Calm / Pacify?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-23-2020, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Atone is the cleric equivalent of memblur. It's not as powerful as the later Enchanter ones, but that just means you sometimes have to cast it more than once. It makes mobs forget that they're angry at you.

The lull line of spells (which includes calm and pacify) reduce mob's aggro radius for different durations. Pacify is the longest duration one (thanks to recently having its duration fixed) it lasts for 7 minutes, compared to 3 mins for Calm. The aggro radius reduction is also greater for Pacify. Since I don't have a donal's bracer on Green I usually use Calm to save mana, but sometimes (like if I have to walk through the mob in a tight tunnel) I need to use pacify otherwise it will reagro and I have to atone it again.

-Mcoy
Old 12-23-2020, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Got it.

So paladin can't atone. But they can do the good lords work traveling with their lull spells and root.

Got it got it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread