Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 07:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New to P99. Benefits of starting Blue vs Green?

Hi all. Planning on starting on either Green vs Blue in the near future with a couple of friends. I’ve been lurking on the forums for a couple of days, and I’m wondering if anyone could help with some more insight into the state of the Blue server now that Green is live and on Kunark.

Are any new characters starting at this point with Blue? We are not that concerned with being on the bleeding edge of end-game content and raiding for first kills, etc., so would we benefit more from playing on Blue where it may be a little less competitive to camp certain dungeon mobs? And slightly easier to buy gear upgrades?

Or would we have difficulty filling out our group of 3 because green has a far more active player base?

At this point the events that I would’ve wanted to catch on a new progression server are passed, and I really like a lot of Velious for later game leveling, so is the population disparity really so significant that it wouldn’t make sense to start in Blue?

Also, random question but I’ve seen the guild name Venerate around on the forums. Any players from Venerate on Winters Roar/Shards of Dalaya?

Thanks for reading.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:09 PM
Orc

I'd highly recommend green over blue. There's simply more to do and more to look forward to currently. I have seen 4~ players from Shards of Dalaya including myself, but I don't think they're in any specific guild.
Old 11-19-2020, 12:04 AM
Sarnak

Blue has more content and it's less crowded in general. Some areas still have good opportunities for PUGs if thats your thing, plenty of places to solo as well, and blue has...well...better gear for less plat. Unless you plan on neckbearding super hard to get legacy items, which starting from scratch I highly doubt, I'd say consider blue.
Old 11-19-2020, 12:17 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd highly recommend green over blue. There's simply more to do and more to look forward to currently. I have seen 4~ players from Shards of Dalaya including myself, but I don't think they're in any specific guild.

Cool, I played Shards...but not for about 14 years at this point (crazy to think about). I was in a guild called Venerate that was just breaking into the raiding scene around 2005 or 06 haha. My char (Junius) may have been used later on, I have no idea.

In terms of things to look forward to, do you mean specific one time events that have passed on blue? Or just things like Hole/VP and Velious? I think I'd be fine starting with all that. I dont expect to hit 60 for months at least.

And thanks Kaiz...I was mainly concerned that there will be nobody still doing classic/planar raiding on blue all that often by the time we are ready. I never raided classic, Kunark, or Velious when it was current on live. But PUGS or a casual guild would be my speed at this point, so Blue sounds promising.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:14 AM
Kobold

Blue offers Velious right now and cheaper equipment but if your just starting out why not choose Green. With Kunark just coming out, tons of people are playing level 1 ish characters of all flavours but especially Iksars.

Praise Amun!
Old 11-19-2020, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

The only legacy item on green you can get that you can't get on blue right now is like the circlet of shadow which is an SK / necromancer item.

For me its a tossup. Do you want kunark armor to be free / garbage (blue) or do you want it to be high end (green)

Both are great servers.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:20 PM
Banned

Blue = mostly chill, normal, well-adjusted folks.

Green = weaponized autism
Old 11-19-2020, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Blue was the most intense poopsocked place I've ever seen in my entire life. I don't think all of those people left their blue dragon hoards for green pastures. But maybe some of them did. Certainly the most competitive people are competing on green right now. Who knows what blue folks are up to!
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi all. Planning on starting on either Green vs Blue in the near future with a couple of friends. I’ve been lurking on the forums for a couple of days, and I’m wondering if anyone could help with some more insight into the state of the Blue server now that Green is live and on Kunark.

Are any new characters starting at this point with Blue? We are not that concerned with being on the bleeding edge of end-game content and raiding for first kills, etc., so would we benefit more from playing on Blue where it may be a little less competitive to camp certain dungeon mobs? And slightly easier to buy gear upgrades?

Or would we have difficulty filling out our group of 3 because green has a far more active player base?

At this point the events that I would’ve wanted to catch on a new progression server are passed, and I really like a lot of Velious for later game leveling, so is the population disparity really so significant that it wouldn’t make sense to start in Blue?

Also, random question but I’ve seen the guild name Venerate around on the forums. Any players from Venerate on Winters Roar/Shards of Dalaya?

Thanks for reading.
Blue is basically full of veteran P99 players. You will still find some low level characters, but most of these will be power leveled to 50 in a short amount of time.

There is no reason to not go green because Kunark is upon us now.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:44 PM
Banned

All the raid content on both servers is killed each week. There are tons of guilds on blue doing all the content from naggy/vox/phinny all the way up to end game velious.

If you don't care about snagging legacy items, most of which are already gone at this point, blue is by far the better choice. A huge portion of the toxic end game poopsockers took up residence on green and the stories coming out of that server dwarf any blue drama by miles. On blue there are 3-5 guilds competing for the raid mobs depending on which zone you're talking about. On green 1 guild kills 95% of the current end game content so I'm told.

Honestly it depends on what your goals are. Do you want to get sleepers tomb loot from before the sleeper wakes up? Green is your only option. If you don't care about that and you want to have an easier time leveling, have instant access to velious zones/gear, and have way more options of guilds to join if you do decide to start raiding then blue is the clear choice.
Closed Thread