Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 02:30 AM
Banned

Wtf is with the checkerboard placeholder textures and weird balloon trees? Why the hell would they release this thinking it would entice people? I've seen much older pantheon videos with respectable looking graphics, if a bit generic. What the hell is this
Old 12-01-2020, 02:32 AM
Planar Protector

All the prior video's that looked complete had placeholder art purchased from the unity store. They re-do a bunch for optimizations(its technical, I don't pretend to understand it all). Current videos have pantheon asset art.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 12-01-2020, 03:27 AM
Banned

Well I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it's a bad strategy when trying to kindle interest in your game if your old, pre-pre-pre-alpha videos look better than your most recent ones. The development cycle has traditionally gone that the game looks progressively better as development proceeds.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:40 AM
Sarnak

Dark Myr Enchanter. See you there!
Old 12-01-2020, 05:28 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wont release
Old 12-01-2020, 05:29 AM
Fire Giant

There is a 0% chance pantheon ever releases. Not going to happen.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:53 AM
Banned

uhhhhh

bush and towers
Old 12-01-2020, 06:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khikik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am willing to give most MMO's a shot for at least a month. Played nearly every MMO out there. Most of them don't hold my interest past a month, some of them for a couple months, the good ones 6 months+. Very few of them ever went past the year mark.

Gamers are very cynical understandably so when it comes to big promises from game dev's as well as potential vaporware games, especially so with MMO's as so many of them fail or never launch. It really does not serve any useful purpose, same as over-hyping a game can also be just as damaging. Might get a spike of people playing at the start, but quickly quit and get a bad reputation over issues that could be fixed had the game not been over-hyped / over-promised. Ignoring all that noise, I don't see the harm in just trying a game... if it works for you great enjoy the game, if not oh well its just a game...games come and go.... some succeed some fail..../shrug

Provided Pantheon does actually release I will defiantly give it a fair shake I plan on rolling a Skar Warrior simply because I never play tank's (usually play dps or support classes) so why not try something new for once
I had an open and positive attitude for new mmorpg's until the Conan game released. It changed my mind on any new style of game in the genre. The 2010's were about to hit, multiplatform standards were now in place. Things would trend more towards a living room console UI in the coming years.
Old 12-01-2020, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it ever launches, we should play on the same server. Games like this are only good because of the community. Nobody plays a 20 year old elf lawyer sim to get pixels, you play for the people.
On the one hand, this is 100% true and I would love to just port the blue server to a (good) modern game. That would be super fun!

On the other hand, picture this:

you've just created your new toon, you're off doing noobie things in a noobie zone. Here comes a person! Oh, his name is Snortles..

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...

sonofabitch!
Old 12-01-2020, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

Can you pay to be above the rules in that game too?

If so, no ty
Closed Thread