Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 04:23 PM
Fire Giant

Default 1-50 solo Ranger or Monk

So I am slowly getting the chanter up there but I want to punch some face occasionally. Which is more fun to solo from say 1-50. I have fungi and COCW in bank.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:51 PM
Kobold

I would say the monk since you can go most places, flip flop into dungeons, camp whatever you want, in relative safety but I don't get why everyone wants to solo so badly on P99. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2018, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you for the advice.
As to why I solo, well the biggest reason is that I have a wife and daughter and I have to afk (sometimes long time) suddenly. I don't want to be a burden to any group (unless i know i'll be on undisturbed like late night ) with that. I dislike when others do that and leech xp. Also I like to hog the xp. Cuz Hey I earned it.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:25 PM
Kobold

Ah good reason then!!!
Old 02-18-2018, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

The deciding factor for me three years ago was that monks have a pause button. It’s perfect for those with young families or other RL commitments.

Zen
Old 02-18-2018, 07:45 PM
Fire Giant

rangers have hide&sneak tho, this is pretty much a pause button [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i like rangers better than monks, lot of utility and nice spells...
most effects can be reproduced on clickies with a monk i guess, but i don't have access to this kind of loot nor money ^^;
on a mid-low budget twinking, i'd vote for rangers!
Old 02-18-2018, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

Very good points Nagoya and Harmony as well to help with outdoors(where ill mostly be) splitting.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for the advice.
As to why I solo, well the biggest reason is that I have a wife and daughter and I have to afk (sometimes long time) suddenly. I don't want to be a burden to any group (unless i know i'll be on undisturbed like late night ) with that. I dislike when others do that and leech xp. Also I like to hog the xp. Cuz Hey I earned it.
That’s why I play monk. I have a 36 week preg. Wife and a 3 yr old I never know when duty is going to call. Just flop and come back later. Once you hit 50 make sure you have an OT hammer and a WC cap.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:59 AM
Banned

Do you care more about having some spell utility, or being better at punching? Monk can handle anything a Ranger can and more. Fd is superior for afks at the drop of the hat. Ranger gets aot worse after 50 when mobs start summoning
Old 02-19-2018, 01:44 PM
Banned

Monks are super fun. With a Fungi and Haste I think Monk is pretty much the no brain answer here. Buy a Stalve of Shielding for off hand and punch things with main hand and you pretty much don't need any other gear for your monk until you can maybe get some No Drop stuff. Just loot some Mesh armor from the frogs in Upper Guk and replace it as you find upgrades on your adventures.

Monk Epic is much easier than Ranger Epic if you ever feel like going down that road
Closed Thread