Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 05:57 AM
Sarnak

Default (MONK) The scoop on AC loss after 14 stones

Does anyone truly know the whole story here? From what i've been told you lose about 8-10 ac per stone after 14, but the client doesn't report it properly. That it?
Old 02-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Sarnak

FWIW, your weight limit changes. From the wiki:

Quote:
The exact amount is 18.9 at 55, and 22.9 at 60.
Before 55 it's 14.

But yeah, as to how much per stone, no idea. The client doesn't report AC correctly at all, as you stated. It even thinks our weight limits are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

I'm curious, say being 10 stones over 14, how much would it mitigate damage if you weren't overweight?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Kobold

The client display is off. I lose 5 AC per stone above 17 but I've probably already lost more because the limit is 14.

Is it noticeable? Well when I loot a bunch of coin and my weight starts getting into the 20s it seems I start hearing a lot more of the *crack* sounds when you take a big hit. This could all be in my head though and would love to see someone parse it.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

I start losing AC at anything above 14, what client are you all using?
Old 03-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I start losing AC at anything above 14, what client are you all using?
After Velious, the weight limit gradually goes up as you level. This is reflected in your client , e.g., I don't start losing AC until I go above 18 stone at lvl 51, but in reality you start losing AC after you go above 14
Old 03-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phased [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it noticeable? Well when I loot a bunch of coin and my weight starts getting into the 20s it seems I start hearing a lot more of the *crack* sounds when you take a big hit. This could all be in my head though and would love to see someone parse it.
^^ I second that. Perhaps in my mind, but seems to be quite a bit of difference when I am at around 15 weight compared to 22 weight. When I first started playing a monk, I didn't think much of it, but now I give my gold away, destroy silver/copper, don't carry around nearly as many bandages/shurikens and never loot.
Closed Thread