Old 11-29-2020, 05:14 PM
Kobold

Tis a noble quest indeed good sir.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:43 AM
Skeleton

I am looking forward to this.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:08 AM
Planar Protector

Love it, thanks so much for putting on this event, there will never be another like it and I can't wait to see what happens
Old 12-05-2020, 05:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This way you have 3 methods of variability in your chance to win.
  1. You must win the mob. This requires help from your guild.
  2. Your guild must decide your warrior is one of the ones eligible for rolling. Hopefully this weeds out some of the alt warriors who don't actually play their characters.
  3. You must defeat chance with a dice roll.
Hey I've got a question:

So let's say a guild wins all 3 golems.
And a warrior is one of said guild's 4 chosen reps for all 3 kills.
Does that mean that warrior would have 3 chances out of twelve?

Second question:

Do you support a guild deciding that the SoD goes to someone via DKP bidding - or must it specifically go to the random winner?

Sub Question: If a guild wanted to exercise their DKP system on this task. Would you prefer that participants spend DKP (within guild) to be chosen (by their guild) to receive one of the 4 available slots when they secure a kill?
Old 12-06-2020, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey I've got a question:

So let's say a guild wins all 3 golems.
And a warrior is one of said guild's 4 chosen reps for all 3 kills.
Does that mean that warrior would have 3 chances out of twelve?

Second question:

Do you support a guild deciding that the SoD goes to someone via DKP bidding - or must it specifically go to the random winner?

Sub Question: If a guild wanted to exercise their DKP system on this task. Would you prefer that participants spend DKP (within guild) to be chosen (by their guild) to receive one of the 4 available slots when they secure a kill?
I need 12 unique warrior names for my random. I do not care what you do with it once I hand it to the winner; whether he keeps it or has an internal agreement to auction it off in some other method.

When all 3 golems are dead I'll ask the winning guilds to give me a time that works for the random. It will be a very simple affair, log in at xx:00 and /random 1-12. The winner will need to be able to be contacted to log in to collect, they do not have to be present for the roll.
Old 12-07-2020, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Changed to First 3 named ST golems that spawn after December 8 12:01 AM EST. That will land after any suspensions are over which gives everyone a fair shot.

It was delayed so long due to windows being all over the place. I had been waiting on the suspension to finish and then a quake to reset everything so guilds weren't forced to spread themselves thin over tracking my contest.
They are all going to be in window today, with high possibility that at least one will be dead before midnight. Was the 8th a typo? Freedom's suspension was over at midnight on today the 7th.

Just wanted clarification since the ST guilds are wondering if this contest is live with the three windows today the 7th.

These are also about as tightly packed as ST windows tend to get these days, they are sure to spread out significantly after this cycle, since you mentioned that as part of your reasoning for delays.
Last edited by Fammaden; 12-07-2020 at 11:54 AM..
Old 12-07-2020, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Good luck on dkp bids after you win the roll my freedom pals. Would be a ashame to win roll only to lose to dkp.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

It's not a mistake. I didn't want one spawning at 11:50, guilds racing and pulling it in then stalling for 15 minutes in order to cheese an easy golem win.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure the other guilds would call them out on a stall based on raid rules for that but ok.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

So what if two golems die before midnight? Have to wait for the first two spawns of the next cycle after this one?
Closed Thread