Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 03:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then enlighten me, please. I do love to be educated.
I have some enlightenment for you:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-16-2018, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, but to get 30 people on is a much lower percentage of AM’s population. The only time most guilds get 30-40+ on at one time is during prime time and EQs. This is where the numbers help. It isn’t a criticism.
That isn't really true. When you look at the numbers logged in p99 around the clock it isn't only AM with folks on late at night or early morning. They are just the ones willing to track the most right now.
Old 06-16-2018, 04:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Is there any other guild on the server that can field a Yeli kill force at 6 am on a weekday? When you have numbers like AM, and no one else does, there are uncontested mobs. Now, don’t get me wrong, AM dominates on contested mobs too, but there would be less round the clock domination if AM was the same size as other guilds. AM’s size also allows it to split forces and be in multiple places more effectively, which is something that no other guild on the server can do. AM’s numbers also allow it to keep more people on the line and in zone for immediate pulls on FTE, increasing the odds of a successful pull on pop.

All of these things are advantages based on numbers. AM also has some of the most skilled players on the server. But to call me clueless for saying that the numbers helps isn’t well thought out. They do help, and when combined with skill, allow for AM to pick up the vast majority of mobs they target. That isn’t a criticism, it’s a fact. Like I said, I like competing with you guys and have fun doing it - but the numbers help you do what you do. It just isn’t the experience that everyone wants.
It's a bit off topic to reply to this, but I'll comment.

I think you're pretty much dead on. One point you left out though is why our numbers are huge right now. They are huge because we were winning. And as you put it, numbers increase the time at which we can win or have 'uncontested' mobs. Therefore, we're winning more and more.

The other underlying point you made is about skill players, trackers, and pull team. That stuff is huge. That's where dragons are won and lost, and frankly, we've got the best. The innovators, the workers, the thirst to win every single spawn -- its great to work with such a wonderful team.

That said, this thread is supposed to be about who is #2.
Old 06-16-2018, 04:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you just compare P99 wall staring and 3AM logins with professional basketball? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I compared executing when you aren't going against any competition, or infront of anyone in P99, to doing the same in a recognizable sport.

I'm pretty sure you are smart enough to understand the correlation.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have some enlightenment for you:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is funny
Old 06-16-2018, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

funny haha or funny lol ?
Old 06-16-2018, 08:56 PM
Banned

Like a nice smile
Old 06-17-2018, 05:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpieRockyl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like a nice smile
Clueless
Old 06-17-2018, 05:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspa0700 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I can make a 3pt shot in empty gym. Doesn't mean I can do it in the nba.

There's only 3 guilds that show up to compete with any regularity. AM (current clear #1), PS and Tempest. Nobody else has an argument.

For a bit there, PS seemed to be hungry. These days Tempest showing up for more. I think. It's close.
Tempest kind of shows up. Kinda. ....
why they have a Vulak rotation is beyond me
Old 06-17-2018, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschenny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clueless
very stupid of you
Closed Thread