Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you guys had two chances to kill king and you blew it

I hope this motivated you guys to play better
Council member mead has giving his ruling.
Filed under git gud.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:41 AM
Kobold

Teppler is voice of reason #2018things

Old 06-17-2018, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Project 1999 is overcrowded, so everyone plays hardball. It's amazing to me that people are still willing to track, 3AM batphone, and generally go hard in the paint 10 years after the server launched, but they are. Since quite a few raid loots are for sale (Aikons will trade you a Gharn's rock for a mere 500 fungi tunics) there isn't much difference between the cash camps and the raiding scene. Conversely, TAKP is underpopulated and so most people are pretty relaxed about camps and leapfrogging and such.

It has nothing to do with the people and everything to do with the environment. If it helps you any, from what I hear things are relatively better now.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Probably better off just FRAPSing this stuff and petitioning it. Sirken's word is all that matters. RnF is camped by drama trolls whose opinions are worth nothing (and I count myself among them).
Old 06-17-2018, 12:13 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RnF is camped by drama trolls whose opinions are worth nothing
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 06-17-2018, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

I'll take the label drama troll over wall starer any day of the week

thanks for stopping in and reading our opinions you don't care about

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll take the label drama troll over wall starer any day of the week

thanks for stopping in and reading our opinions you don't care about
Old 06-17-2018, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long do you think others should wait after you wipe on King? How many times do you get to wipe before its moral to take camp? Let's say a duo wipes at King, would you give them time to get back? How long?
As long as they need to get back and get pulling again.

That's not the right answer, but that's the answer of anyone who is a "nice guy".

Unfortunately on the blue server it's all about how much plat you can make per hour, "nice guys" don't get to sell things in EC.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:14 PM
Orc

Sorry - it sucks but the monk and his group were not in the wrong. Technically, they could have taken the camp the first time with the tank/enc wipe if you were not holding things down. If you're not maintaining a physical presence in the area and actively killing spawns, it's open to other people.

That said, if it was me I wouldn't have taken the camp as I would have known that you were recovering from a wipe. But not everyone is me, and someone else probably would've tried to take it anyway because of how highly contested it is.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long do you think others should wait after you wipe on King? How many times do you get to wipe before its moral to take camp? Let's say a duo wipes at King, would you give them time to get back? How long?

Recently I gave a crypt team some time to get back after they wiped. He was irate I would think about taking the camp at all while he was claiming crypt from ent. I explained, someone else could sign on, take the camp and neither of us would have any recourse. Guess what happened within the next 2 minutes. Another torpor shaman logged on and got claim to Hiero camp.

If you die at your camp, you lost it, tough luck. Everquest is a very unforgiving game and this is part of it. No one sheds a tear when I, or any other soloer wipes and another team is around to take the camp and they shouldn't.

Expecting to keep a camp after you wiped when others want it is selfish. Not the other way around.
Conversely hard line rules like this encourage training 'accidents' to take camp. Not everyone runs fraps 24/7 while camping non raid shit and even if they do it's not hard to cause totally 'random' trains.

I mean king is on constant lock down but it's also not like there is a lineup of groups sitting and waiting in line. Everyone talks about how cut throat LIVE was, but the server population was also wayyyyy higher, people were arguing over entrance trash, resources were limited.

P99 there is basically at any moment multiple PP camps folks can go to. Just relax guys, ask for a ETA and a heads up when they are leaving and farm elsewhere while you wait. If you think they can't handle the target give them a second shot.

Save the lawyer questing for raids and just play like EQ karma is real.