Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 09:44 PM
Kobold

Default Some people are truly sad.

So I'm in Seb today on my 51 rogue Wisling and managed to get into a fantastic group camping king (yes 51 is crazy low for king camp but with epic I held my own dps wise averaging about 50 dps). We were there killing away for 6+ hours without any problems at all, except horrible luck with king. Group starts getting a bit tired so we decide to stay for a last few ph's to try our luck.

With one last spawn before we split up and take a break, having just sacrificed our chanter, Mindz (who did a fantastic job all day), to the Sebilis gods, King spawns for us finally. While killing one of the last (quite possibly last) mob around before pulling king we hit some bad luck....enchanter gets smoked by his hasted krup that was parsing at 120 ish dps average, the adept we have almost dead manages to get off a gate despite our best efforts to push / interrupt him so we camp out as many as possible quickly to save a full wipe. We log back in with only the enchanter and tank having died so we recover really quick with almost no interruption.

While I was dragging our poor meatshield back to camp (brain room just off jail) I notice a monk screwing around with spawns / king and politely let him know its camped in case he missed the umpteen thousand times we called king in ooc for each CC check. This is our brief parley.

[Sat Jun 16 17:59:43 2018] You told Siryado, 'king camped '
[Sat Jun 16 18:00:00 2018] Siryado tells you, 'kings up and not pulled so camps open bro'
[Sat Jun 16 18:00:05 2018] You told Siryado, 'not a chance'
[Sat Jun 16 18:00:16 2018] Siryado tells you, 'read the rules homie'
[Sat Jun 16 18:00:17 2018] You told Siryado, 'we've been down here for like 6 hours'
[Sat Jun 16 18:00:20 2018] You told Siryado, 'you read rules'
[Sat Jun 16 18:00:22 2018] Siryado tells you, 'its up'
[Sat Jun 16 18:00:31 2018] You told Siryado, 'ya just spawned 2 mins ago'
[Sat Jun 16 18:00:33 2018] Siryado tells you, 'if i had a healer id be nsniping it right this second legaly'
[Sat Jun 16 18:00:43 2018] Siryado tells you, 'all its has to be up is 45 seconds'

Honestly I wasn't surprised by his response but I will admit I was still shocked that there really are people that pathetic on this server that would even have this line of thinking, let alone say it out loud or follow through on it. Its a truly sad world when greed over pixels reaches this level.

Anyways, we carry on with our pulls. While killing a mob our monk comes back to dps some, and in my opinion, extremely strangely 2 myconids warp onto him....6+ hours of him pulling and keeping an eye on his agro from pulls so he doesn't train us....honestly I am not blaming anyone at all for this but it just seemed very odd to me is all. These 2 extra adds ended up taking us out, killing off the enchanter (who had almost no mana to start the fight), the tank and the monk while myself the cleric and shaman manage to exit the zone alive.

Now everyone can lawyerquest this next part all they want, we wiped so camp isn't ours etc etc....

From this partial wipe we recovered and were back inside the jail in under 10 minutes.

In that 10 min recovery time, the monk Siryado from Venerate (a guild which I have complete respect for and have had nothing but positive interactions with), Talthan (rogue from Clue) and Juuh (unguilded shammy) had moved in and started pulls. Interesting bonus douchebag points for Siryado....the enchanter in the group he was leap frogging / ganking king from....is in his guild! Who the hell jacks a guildy like that. Even better though, he actually had the @#$@# audacity to ask his guildy to help them get a cleric down to help with king....like wow, that's some next level asshole.

We sat in jail waiting to see if they'd wipe because our group didn't consist of the same unethical, zero moral, greedy blood. They did end up killing the king....with Siryado telling me King dropped a robe which none of us really cared about....what I did find humerous was that they were seen in EC auctioning a Fungi not 10 minutes later.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:45 PM
Fire Giant

wouldnthappenonred.exe
Old 06-16-2018, 09:54 PM
Banned

outfoxed by venerate

you didn't come hardcore enough
Old 06-16-2018, 10:01 PM
Fire Giant

your cleric fucked up

sorry
Old 06-16-2018, 10:03 PM
Banned

Grats Siryado on the fungi!!!
Old 06-16-2018, 10:09 PM
Banned

All this over a fungi robe.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamurv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Venerate (a guild which I have complete respect for and have had nothing but positive interactions with)
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-16-2018, 10:22 PM
Kobold

Honestly the loot was entirely secondary to this, it's the total disregard and lack of any semblance of common decency. It's people like this that are what's wrong with the world these days in my opinion.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:24 PM
Banned

I'm gonna let the council handle this for now... Will check back tomorrow to make sure OP has learned
Old 06-16-2018, 10:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpieRockyl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm gonna let the council handle this for now... Will check back tomorrow to make sure OP has learned
Spoiler alert: OP probably didn't learn