Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Default Robe of the Lost Circle today

My monk is heading into the 40s and I'm starting to debate converting my sash/headband someday into the robe.

Any special info on green for this? Here are my questions:

1. Killing the brothers vs camping Targin + Raster? Possible?
2. What level can Targin/Raster be camped by a loner
3. Tailoring skill still needed for robe combine?

I feel like between my monk or cleric my monk has a slightly more favorable chance in getting my first EQ epic in history some day
Old 02-23-2021, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

The brothers are much harder to kill now since the GM buff, you'd need some high level help with them. If you already have sash and headband done and you'd gain xp camping Targin/Raster, then I'd just do that. Raster is an easier kill at your level due to surrounding mobs, but Targin spawns more often. As an iksar with access to kunark items you can probably handle it in your mid-40s? Just a guess.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 02-23-2021, 02:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My monk is heading into the 40s and I'm starting to debate converting my sash/headband someday into the robe.

Any special info on green for this? Here are my questions:

1. Killing the brothers vs camping Targin + Raster? Possible?
2. What level can Targin/Raster be camped by a loner
3. Tailoring skill still needed for robe combine?

I feel like between my monk or cleric my monk has a slightly more favorable chance in getting my first EQ epic in history some day
Raster camp is some of the best exp in low 40s.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For a full group right?
Old 02-23-2021, 03:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For a full group right?
duo is pretty nice if you got a shaman

thats how I did it but my monk was pretty twinked out (on blue)
Old 02-23-2021, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

I've also been reading the horror stories of failed tailoring skill checks on robe.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incorrect. The Zem makes this camp absolute garbage, as well as the rest of the zone. It used to be great tho.

Question 3: No tailoring required. I covered this in the monk forum 2 weeks or so ago
Old 02-23-2021, 07:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
For a full group right?
I leveled my monk there from 40 to I think around 46-48 area. Its tough in the beginning to break, but you can use the tunnel to dead as a camp/break spot its cake. Also dont forget to Fd at 20% to get mobs to run.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
duo is pretty nice if you got a shaman

thats how I did it but my monk was pretty twinked out (on blue)
So I used to solo this on all of my characters on blue. Usually a monk, shaman or bard. Would be at Raster camp from about 40-48 or so pulling things from all around. Was always great solo xp. But that was when the ZEM was decent.

I tried this again on my green monk and the xp was terrible. Not only because of the zem (mostly because of the zem), but also because no fungi like most blue monk twinks have, and no combat bind. The downtime between fights with no combat bind or fungi + the game worst ZEM makes this camp a no go for xp.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I used to solo this on all of my characters on blue. Usually a monk, shaman or bard. Would be at Raster camp from about 40-48 or so pulling things from all around. Was always great solo xp. But that was when the ZEM was decent.

I tried this again on my green monk and the xp was terrible. Not only because of the zem (mostly because of the zem), but also because no fungi like most blue monk twinks have, and no combat bind. The downtime between fights with no combat bind or fungi + the game worst ZEM makes this camp a no go for xp.
Ya I havnt leveled a character there on green. Also didnt know they patched combat bindwound. Sucks because that was a nice solo spot for monk.
Closed Thread