Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 11:13 PM
Kobold

Default Questions about Eru, Gnome, and DE Necros?

Hello everyone! Last night I made a post asking about Iksar vs Non-Iksar Necromancers. To my surprise, most people say the regen is nice, but it isn't by any means a necessity. So considering that, I am going to make a Necro and try it out for myself... I'm just not sure which race to make her =X. I was hoping some of you guys could clear a few things up for me, and/or give your suggestions/opinions?

So from reading the wiki and other posts, this is what I've gathered so far...

Erudites - They have the highest Int, super bad night vision, but get some pretty nice quests when another zone in their home land opens up? Not KOS?

Dark Elf - They have the 2nd highest Int, and get the Hide ability. But they're KOS?

Gnomes - They have the 3rd highest Int, and get Tinkering. Not KOS?

So from what I've read, those are the main differences, right? But I am wondering, just how much of a difference do those differences make?

Like for example, between the highest and lowest Int of them all, the difference is only 11 Int. How impactful is that for a Necro?

Or the Tinkering and Hide abilities. I know some Necros use FD + Hide together, but does that really matter? I mean, once you're FD you can just lay there indefinitely and never get aggro, right? And Tinkering, I looked at what they can make, and there isn't a big list of items that seem very useful... should Tinkering even be a consideration for a soon to be Necro?

And the KOS stuff... just how KOS is it? I mean, can I go into all the good and neutral cities as both an Erudite and Gnome Necro to buy spells, and bank etc.? Can I take Druid portals, or will the Druid NPCs and Treants kill me? Does being KOS as a Necro really even matter?

Haha sorry for the long post and multiple questions, I just don't know a whole lot about Necromancers and the information I was reading just seemed like it was the same things being repeated but I'm not actually sure what kind of "real" difference those things make over all in-game?

Thanks for taking the time to read! Looking forward to reading your responses/suggestions/opinions etc! =D
Last edited by Vanessa; 11-26-2019 at 11:16 PM..
Old 11-26-2019, 11:25 PM
Aviak

Here's my experience being an Erudite necro for the first time on this server. Night vision doesn't matter because we get spells to fix this. The most annoying thing was not being able to use many vendors in both Erudin and Qeynos. It made trying to do trade skills difficult. Also, there are a few Rangers in the hills that would KOS me. I will go back and repay them.

Once I moved over to Freeport it became easier. I wasn't as hated and could use vendors and the bank easier. Granted, I could use the bank in Qeynos and sewers but it wasn't safe in the city and I couldn't trade skill.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:30 PM
Sarnak

Pick whichever one you enjoy looking at the most or wait until Kunark comes out and play the god tier race.

hide is great if you need to go afk for a while and you are in a questionable area, but it will kill your pet. FD can be used for the same purpose but your pet won't go away.

Both FD and hide can be removed if you get hit by an AOE spell.

There's underground areas for evil classes where you can buy spells. I believe a dark elf necro can use the evil hidden area in freeport to buy spells so the other races should be just fine, but make sure you get into the habbit of doing a consider on everything you meet just to be safe.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:33 PM
Kobold

The only way to Necro
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stache.JPG (11.9 KB, 209 views)
Old 11-26-2019, 11:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Erudites - They have the highest Int, super bad night vision, but get some pretty nice quests when another zone in their home land opens up? Not KOS?
They also get mantle of souls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dark Elf - They have the 2nd highest Int, and get the Hide ability. But they're KOS?
Hide is nice, so is ultra vision. Youre fine in several cities, and can invis/FD/bank in many others. Can do thex mallet quest for your guild.

Quote:
Gnomes - They have the 3rd highest Int, and get Tinkering. Not KOS?
Can see through walls

Quote:
Like for example, between the highest and lowest Int of them all, the difference is only 11 Int. How impactful is that for a Necro?
11 int difference is exactly 110 mana difference - 10 mana per int up to 200int. I'll let you look up spell costs and weigh how impactful this will be in a group where youre able to med or when solo and sustaining mana. (Getting to 200 int isnt going to be too tough).

Quote:

Or the Tinkering and Hide abilities. I know some Necros use FD + Hide together, but does that really matter? I mean, once you're FD you can just lay there indefinitely and never get aggro, right? And Tinkering, I looked at what they can make, and there isn't a big list of items that seem very useful... should Tinkering even be a consideration for a soon to be Necro?
If you combine FD + Hide you can clear your agro list. Tinker if you want to be a tinker and make gadgets to sell.. you can build some neat stuff. Do you want to craft? I'm not sure what you view as useful or not but... spyglass: reset GCD - very useful. Stalking probe? You can lifetap them - very useful. Lots of neat stuff.

Quote:

And the KOS stuff... just how KOS is it? I mean, can I go into all the good and neutral cities as both an Erudite and Gnome Necro to buy spells, and bank etc.? Can I take Druid portals, or will the Druid NPCs and Treants kill me? Does being KOS as a Necro really even matter?
Get in the habit of pressing c on things you are not sure how they will react. Also a good habit to get into for things that see invis etc etc.
Also get in the habit of invis yourself before you take a port
Last edited by Chocolope; 11-26-2019 at 11:36 PM..
Old 11-27-2019, 12:19 AM
Kobold

I don't might crafting at all. Actually, I tried Blacksmith before and it was kind of cool. I just didn't think there was much reason for Tinkering. The Stalking probe thing that can be lifetapped sounds pretty nice. But how much does it cost to make those?

Edit: And any idea how long until the Mantle of Souls quest is added to the Teal/Green servers?
Last edited by Vanessa; 11-27-2019 at 12:40 AM..
Old 11-27-2019, 12:28 AM
Sarnak

Worth mentioning that Hide will break charm for you when it works, allowing for more efficient charm (undead) soloing.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worth mentioning that Hide will break charm for you when it works, allowing for more efficient charm (undead) soloing.
Definitely a bonus, and I went DE enchanter for the same reason (yes I know there's clickies), but the racial is free and always there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-27-2019, 12:59 AM
Banned

Quote:

Erudites - They have the highest Int, eligible to join < Dark Men of Odus >
added the part that actually matters, removed the irrelevant part.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
added the part that actually matters, removed the irrelevant part.
But... I wouldn't be a Dark Man lol =X.
Closed Thread