Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 06:23 PM
Fire Giant

Default completely theoretical problem..

This problem is completely theoretical so doesn't apply to me at all. I'm also asking for a friend..

Let's say you rolled a Troll shaman and leveled it to 12 before realizing you had selected Cazic Thule as your deity. I know that nobody would be that stupid but this is just theoretical remember...

Would you..
1) re-roll and level back up just to gain access to Innoruuk snare item?
2) just forget it and wear your Cazic Thule mishap as a misplaced badge of honor?
3) quit EQ forever as a complete scrub failure?
4) something else?
Old 12-22-2019, 06:39 PM
Fire Giant

Your """""FRIEND""""" would be well served by filling up his bags with some bone chips and belts then re-rolling Innoruuk
Old 12-22-2019, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Search the forums. There's some interesting, imo, debate on the subject of CT or inny for a troll sham.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Search the forums. There's some interesting, imo, debate on the subject of CT or inny for a troll sham.
I would be interested in reading that but I couldn't find any such debates. If you happen to know where they are or what type of search terms might find them I'm all ears (for my friend of course).
Old 12-22-2019, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQBallzz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be interested in reading that but I couldn't find any such debates. If you happen to know where they are or what type of search terms might find them I'm all ears (for my friend of course).
I searched for troll and symbol and found this thread near the top: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...t=Troll+symbol
Old 12-22-2019, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Re roll ogre before it’s too late!
Old 12-23-2019, 06:23 AM
Aviak

I barely used my snare necklace and when I did it felt like I was just doing it because.

It takes so long to cast and lasts for such a short duration it was more efficient doing other things.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

Being able to fear a rooted undead to interrupt heals, etc, is super nice for undead camps which there is a lot of.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

The snare is pretty useful for a few thigngs: obviously if you either grouped or solo with pet out, low HP mobs will just derp out when snared and let you finish them off without wasting more mana.

Once root and snare stack, you can root rot more efficiently in cramped locations with snare giving you that extra second or 2 to refresh root.

Fear kiting in a duo+. Pretty obvious.

Pulling mobs, especially if they are naturally fast/have SoW.

And then there is this last one, which I haven't seen anyone doing on P99 but i did quite a bit back in the day in original EQ. You use the snare neck and just dot up mobs this keeps aggro on you and not your pet. then you just kite the mob like a druid. When you are really good you can even hit most of your meditation ticks while kiting it.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your """""FRIEND""""" would be well served by filling up his bags with some bone chips and belts then re-rolling Innoruuk
This.

If only level 12 it’s not a big deal to reroll.

The snare necklace has the obvious draw back of long cast time and short duration but it absolutely can be a game changer. It has saved me (both solo and in groups) death and time intensive recovery a few dozen times. If you’re going troll it’s the best option and we’ll worth repeating 12 fast early levels.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 12-23-2019 at 10:04 AM..
Closed Thread