Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 04:39 AM
Sarnak

Default Is this legal?

I'm wondering if its against the p99 rules for me to offer 25k plat to anyone that can get GINA or GTT or any audio trigger program working with Wineskin on MAC OSX.

Can anyone provide any insight before I post something officially requesting this?
Last edited by Stryker85; 08-01-2019 at 04:43 AM..
Old 08-01-2019, 04:57 AM
Planar Protector

So you're going to trade someone 25k in game for no reason that they can decipher?

Risky play, I'd say. If it was allowed, would every RMT seller use it?

There has to be a nerd or two on here that can help you without any plat gains going on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-01-2019, 05:14 AM
Planar Protector

Ya, I agree with Swish that’s a slippery slope.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:17 AM
Sarnak

Save that plat and teach yourself a language like Python and you can write one yourself.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you're going to trade someone 25k in game for no reason that they can decipher?
I hand people (and get handed) similar amounts of plat all the time for what might appear to be nothing, from when we trio farm myconid spore king.

Each Fungi drop we always split and take turns buying out the Tunic, and whoever is covering the split for that Tunic gives the other 2 partners 17.6k for their share.

Should I be logging these transactions with tells explaining what its for each time or something? I'm sure if GMs were ever suspicious they could just go back and check the logs to see the split agreement from group chat on the chars that actually killed the king and looted the tunic... right?
Last edited by Stryker85; 08-01-2019 at 05:37 AM..
Old 08-01-2019, 05:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker85 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hand people (and get handed) similar amounts of plat all the time for what might appear to be nothing, from when we trio farm myconid spore king.

Each Fungi drop we always split and take turns buying out the Tunic, and whoever is covering the split for that Tunic gives the other 2 partners 17.6k for their share.

Should I be logging these transactions with tells explaining what its for each time or something? I'm sure if GMs were ever suspicious they could just go back and check the logs to see the split agreement from group chat on the chars that actually killed the king and looted the tunic... right?
I wouldn't think you'd need to log that, but at least you have a record of who you were grouped with, what dropped and when and there's some kind of breadcrumb trail to where it came from.

25k out of nowhere to someone you don't know? Well...just be careful ^^
Old 08-01-2019, 05:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't think you'd need to log that, but at least you have a record of who you were grouped with, what dropped and when and there's some kind of breadcrumb trail to where it came from.

25k out of nowhere to someone you don't know? Well...just be careful ^^
Yeah that's why I wanted to check here before I go any further with it. I was really hoping a GM would chime in and let me know its ok, even if its a 1 time exception for the benefit of all Mac users on p99.

I'm not the first nor the last person with this issue, there's already a thread requesting if anyone can get GINA working on the technical section of the forums, but no one has had any luck getting it to work - I'm guessing because there is little to no incentive to do so, which is where this idea came from to begin with.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:28 AM
Planar Protector

And do they pay you 70$ to have some gina issues?
Old 08-01-2019, 06:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And do they pay you 70$ to have some gina issues?
Wtf are you even talking about? No one ever mentioned paying any RL money for anything. I wouldn't even be the person getting paid in this scenario, I was hoping to offer someone else plat if they can figure out how to get Gina to run on a Mac OS. Read much?

I'm guessing reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
Last edited by Stryker85; 08-01-2019 at 06:35 AM..
Old 08-01-2019, 06:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker85 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wtf are you even talking about? No one ever mentioned paying any RL money for anything. I wouldn't even be the person getting paid in this scenario, I was hoping to offer someone else plat if they can figure out how to get Gina to run on a Mac OS. Read much?

I'm guessing reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
He's saying one might use the smokescreen of 'GINA issues' to excuse selling 25kpp for $70.
Closed Thread