Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 10:07 PM
Banned

Default Playing a Shaman is a lot of work.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think I have PTSD from playing this class because now when I play my other characters I find myself constantly smashing sit/stand and trying to press the cannibalize button that's not there.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Kobold

Shaman is good. I should roll one.
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 08-07-2020, 10:12 PM
Sarnak

Yeah so much work and so hard to play, only the second most busted class but yeah whatever you say dude
Old 08-07-2020, 10:29 PM
Fire Giant

They definitely seem like a lot of work. Every time I play with one they're constantly canni dancing. Super cool class, but definitely not passive!
Old 08-07-2020, 11:04 PM
Banned

You don't really have to canni dance in most situations. If it's an iffy encounter\solo thing maybe, but just grouping and stuff it's almost always wasted effort because nothing dangerous ever really happens. They own though and making potions is weirdly satisfying.
Old 08-08-2020, 12:54 AM
Fire Giant

Iiinteresting! Good to know! I'll eventually get my shammy up enough to find out first hand!
Old 08-08-2020, 01:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah so much work and so hard to play, only the second most busted class but yeah whatever you say dude
I'm assuming you play on Blue? Shaman's on Green are not weak, but they are by no means a power house class. There's literally nothing my Shaman can solo that my Necro can't solo 10x easier. We ain't got no torpor, JBB, fungus tunic, epic etc.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't really have to canni dance in most situations. If it's an iffy encounter\solo thing maybe, but just grouping and stuff it's almost always wasted effort because nothing dangerous ever really happens. They own though and making potions is weirdly satisfying.
I actually have to cannibalize a lot when I'm grouping because I usually am solo healing and it takes a lot of mana to buff several players and still have mana left over to slow and heal, hehe. It is true though that Shamans are a lot more laborious to play in a group compared to solo'ing.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually have to cannibalize a lot when I'm grouping because I usually am solo healing and it takes a lot of mana to buff several players and still have mana left over to slow and heal, hehe. It is true though that Shamans are a lot more laborious to play in a group compared to solo'ing.
Well buffs in a pickup group do almost nothing except maybe haste and regen, and slowing is kind of optional unless there is terrible dps and\or no CC. But yeah it's situational, I just think generally it's a lot of effort to have 10% more average mana than you would if you didn't do it. Torp is obviously a different ballgame.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well buffs in a pickup group do almost nothing except maybe haste and regen, and slowing is kind of optional unless there is terrible dps and\or no CC. But yeah it's situational, I just think generally it's a lot of effort to have 10% more average mana than you would if you didn't do it. Torp is obviously a different ballgame.
People will get heated if you don't buff them honestly. Like is there a reason for me to cast dexterity on Monks and Rogues on Green? Not really, but if I tell them that, it'll do more harm than good. I personally as the Shaman notice that I hit a lot harder when I buff my strength though, so I feel like that buff is for sure worth doing. I like keeping the Enchanter in Stamina / Talisman too because I've seen too many of them get killed faster than I can heal them.
Closed Thread