Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Overkill counts.

It's easy to test. Beat a low-level mob to near death, then have a level 50 drop a big nuke on it. They will KS every time.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

so much disinformation in this thread.
Baler, how can you so confidentely say stuff sometimes that are blatently false and you have obviously not tested? Is it a personnality issue? It's hard to take you seriously on other threads when you say stuff like this without an ounce of doubt even though you apparently have no idea what you're talking about.

so many times fighting in a noob area some dumb monk will round kick your skeleton to "help you finish it faster", deal 100 dmg and obviously kill steal your mob and your xp.

it is 50%+ of total damage done, no matter the number of HPs the mobs had to start with. This would just be dumb anyway because mobs regenerate during the fight, so taking into account the whole damage done i believe is easier from a programing PoV as well. Don't quote me on that last part i don't know hehe. But anyway, for XP purposes this is how it works.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

This thread is from august 2020 btw. What I stated about pet exp isn't far off. And like any normal human we learn more as we get older or gain experience.
Should I hold it against you for posts you made in 2013? I think not.

For anyone out of the loop Nagoya doesn't like me because we have different political views and they can't maintain separation in topics. So they target me any chance they get and attacks on my character are proof of this.

They also didn't even read my post because...
My post was explicitly about pet exp and how the player has to do 51% damage soloing with a pet. My post was not about overkill and I specifically remember editing out information regarding overkill because I felt it wasn't accurate enough to post with confidence.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-29-2020 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: IF Nagoya wants to go to war I have the free time.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Robe man bad
Old 11-30-2020, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Any chance we can revert the non classic mechanic? Pet classes are already totally dominant on the server for ease of PVE destruction, but having to murder my pet or manage its damage dealt is really unnatural and non classic and makes me sad for Jibartik and his friends from other realms.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-02-2020, 04:01 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is from august 2020 btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should I hold it against you for posts you made in 2013? I think not.
False equivalence, making a mistake 7 years ago is a bit different from a few months back.
Of course, it's fine to be wrong about something, but why not just admit it?

Quote:
They also didn't even read my post because...
My post was explicitly about pet exp and how the player has to do 51% damage soloing with a pet. My post was not about overkill and I specifically remember editing out information regarding overkill because I felt it wasn't accurate enough to post with confidence.
Anyone can go back 1 page and look at what you actually wrote, which was specifically about overkill damage and how it doesn't matter.
Quote:
In this case, regardless of your finishing damage, the pet 50%+ damage already happened.
This is a pretty clear statement. You're saying regardless of overdamage, the pet has taken 50% damage and will KS. This is wrong. Overdamage does matter and can reverse the exp steal.
Last edited by Solemnus; 12-02-2020 at 04:05 AM..
Old 12-02-2020, 05:42 AM
Aviak

in my experience you would have to dismiss (or preferably reclaim energy) the pet to get full experience. I have noticed a significant difference on both an enchanter and a necro testing this out. I have tried the last minute nuke but at higher lvls with those two classes its still not enough to overcome the dmg output unless you nuke like hell during the entire fight which just isnt mana efficient. with the necro its annoying to have to stock up all those bone chips since you cant just buy the things at a merchant too.
Old 12-03-2020, 12:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
For anyone out of the loop Nagoya doesn't like me because we have different political views and they can't maintain separation in topics. So they target me any chance they get and attacks on my character are proof of this
ouch. since when do i even know your political stance?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and did i really talk about mine here? lol i don't remember. i'm not even american ^^;
you're delusional dude. nah in this case specifically i've got beef because of your general tone on recent topics like the shaman race debate or other where i feel you speak out of your ass but with a confidence that could destabilize people who know less about the game. it sucks. if you're not sure about something just say it man.

sorry about the RnF. this is out of place. i think the thread has been answered satisfactorily for OP. for the record i dislike the pet classes in solo because of that mechanic personnally, it's a pain in the ass (for me) to always compete with your pet for experience, and it's even more frustrating to just 'accept the 50% xp loss because you kill 2× faster anyway' - i'd rather duo/trio with these classes. but that's just me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

thank you Solemnus for answering 'for me' - couldn't have said it better.
Old 12-03-2020, 03:17 AM
Planar Protector

For anyone new some of these people are spending their time attacking me instead of just providing information. Keep that in mind when you progress on this forum, avoid these people.

For those people attacking me. This is the Starting Zone section of the forums. Help the new players with information. This isn't rants and flames do whatever you want. If I said something you feel is incorrect, correct it and provide information to help new players. Attacking me doesn't help anyone.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 12-03-2020 at 03:19 AM..
Old 12-03-2020, 03:38 AM
Kobold

Having just started a magician for the first time, I feel like I missed out on the days on Blue when you only needed to do 1 damage from the caster to get full experience.

Praise Amun!
Closed Thread