Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 08:38 PM
Orc

You guys know hes not dead right? Hes just a scumbag that got fired. Bye Felicia.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

he's being maligned by some real worms right now.

we didn't land on the moon, earth is flat, sirken is innocent - 3 basic facts we know about the universe.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

lol i hate u
Old 11-27-2018, 09:31 PM
Sarnak

Default +2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bump it
+2
Old 11-27-2018, 09:43 PM
Fire Giant

Default sirken

When Sirken first transitioned from player to GM, believe it or not, he was not anything like the account perma banning, zero tolerance, evidently biased, raid scene micromanaging GM that we've witnessed recently.

Everyone needs to realize that he was the all-powerful master of this server for 7-8+ years. He wouldn't have done anything that he was rumored to have done had he any inkling that his authority would be taken away for it. That power clouded his judgment and he made some poor choices that cost him his hobby.

It's a simple case of "absolute power corrupts absolutely." I think putting anybody in such a position for an indefinite amount of time will eventually lead to this (see P99 historical track record of GM's).

One Possible Solution: Lead GM Term Limits (maybe 1 or 2 years) which would help prevent extreme personal biases from forming and help prevent burnout in our GMs.

All that said, I really do think Sirken did much better than many others would have done in his same shoes.

So hats off to him for the work and effort he put into the server and community.

HEDS
Old 11-27-2018, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yknow, occasionally I get an urge to come back and see if it would be fun playing again...things like this thread help me to decide.
to be fair, most of the people posting to this thread are from the tiny minority of players who do their damndest day in and day out to stink the joint up
Old 11-27-2018, 10:36 PM
Banned

Even though Rogean told us not to comment (nobody is listening lol), I would like to say thank you to Sirken for being sweet to me and answering any questions or petitions I had.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:45 PM
Kobold

Wow I've had alot of interactions on job sites with customers, foreman, gc's, architects.. 3 days is a pretty serious meeting!

RIP sirken, you never seemed to deserve all the shit you received from the neckbeard guilds. Being fired from a unpaid position dealing with these full grown man children sounds like a promotion to me. /wave

Byel- 60th level Magician of <Asgard>
Kimboh- 46th level Monk of <Asgard>
Old 11-27-2018, 10:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
server needs less rules so GMs can take a hands off approach

too much involvement can lead to corruption... as we have seen time and time again.

i mean if u want to have some rules so be it, but the focus of gms should be

1) hosting events

2) catching hackers / rmters

3) only bans should be for hacking / rmt

the second this happens server will be better off
Old 11-27-2018, 10:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RIP sirken, you never seemed to deserve all the shit you received from the neckbeard guilds. Being fired from a unpaid position dealing with these full grown man children sounds like a promotion to me. /wave
For real. He dealt with grown men crying and raging at him over pixels, year after year. Grats on retirement.

I'm positive Sirken did waaaaay more harm than good. No body is perfect. This server is worse off without him.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Closed Thread