Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People still think this counts as competition? And that EQ is a game suited to competition? Versus, say, one of the hundreds of other actually competitive and skill based games?

Lordy lord.
i always assume the ppl rabid about competition on this box are wearing helmets and eating crayons irl, which tbf fits the player base of the box pretty well
Old 04-09-2019, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

We had a raid force ready to pull KT and you were ready to leapfrog and pull KT as soon as you could muster more than 7 people. That is the definition of leapfrogging. If you think it wont happen with these rule sets by every single guild that competes, you're blind.

I take for example what happened last night. As soon as AM formed up to start clearing for vyemm and vulak 100 core and AG logged in. Not before we started, after. Again, leapfrogging. You'll do it, well do it and just wait until mobs spawn alone...there is literally no other way to compete on mobs aside from leapfrogging.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:03 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

I like turtles.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

I'm concerned we haven't seen a consider red post for a while.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:16 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I take for example what happened last night. As soon as AM formed up to start clearing for vyemm and vulak 100 core and AG logged in. Not before we started, after. Again, leapfrogging.
Ahhhh, so both of the dragons belong to you if you start clearing towards one. Now we all understand. This should make things easier.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We had a raid force ready to pull KT and you were ready to leapfrog and pull KT as soon as you could muster more than 7 people. That is the definition of leapfrogging. If you think it wont happen with these rule sets by every single guild that competes, you're blind.

I take for example what happened last night. As soon as AM formed up to start clearing for vyemm and vulak 100 core and AG logged in. Not before we started, after. Again, leapfrogging. You'll do it, well do it and just wait until mobs spawn alone...there is literally no other way to compete on mobs aside from leapfrogging.

Maybe we just have different definitions of leapfrogging?

Mine is that you clear to a mob and someone comes in at the last moment, runs past your raid and engages the target. As in what happened at Doze.

Yours seems to be quite a bit more broad.

Logging in and moving to Vulak while you move to Vyemm can be seen as leapfrogging if you consider them to be one target. I understand how you can feel that way, but I consider them separate.

Scouting to see if KT would be possible and abandoning it when another guild is already there in force...I don't know how you can justify calling that leapfrogging.

It wouldn't kill anyone to take responsibility for the bad decisions they make. Instead of admitting mistakes, people are choosing to accuse others for the very things they're guilty of. For example, someone says "AM is a zerg" then right away someone says something like...

"Detoxx Today at 12:47 PM
pretty funny considering ag had what 130? last repop. we aint the only zerg in town".
Old 04-09-2019, 09:40 AM
Kobold

I used to think "Zerg" was a dumb insult because the Zerg were cool, but then SC2 happened and now I don't want to be reminded of zergs. I propose we switch to "orks"
Old 04-09-2019, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Mine is that you clear to a mob and someone comes in at the last moment, runs past your raid and engages the target. As in what happened at Doze.

Logging in and moving to Vulak while you move to Vyemm can be seen as leapfrogging if you consider them to be one target. I understand how you can feel that way, but I consider them separate.

Scouting to see if KT would be possible and abandoning it when another guild is already there in force...I don't know how you can justify calling that leapfrogging.

It wouldn't kill anyone to take responsibility for the bad decisions they make. Instead of admitting mistakes, people are choosing to accuse others for the very things they're guilty of. For example, someone says "AM is a zerg" then right away someone says something like...

pretty funny considering ag had what 130? last repop. we aint the only zerg in town".
Never once denied. I'm simply pointing out you arent above it as you've shown at Tunare yesterday which, sniping a 6 hour clear, is a whole different level than someone who killed 2 trash mobs. I'm simply pointing out every guild will do it, including yours.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm concerned we haven't seen a consider red post for a while.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-09-2019, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What mob were you clearing to last night ? A Vulak that you couldn't fight ? You and your guild made no attempts to clear to or kill the roadblock to Vulak. You simply sat and waited until another guild did so you could "leapfrog" to Vulak. Your guild even went so far as to try to trivialize the Vulak fight by racing to clear his guards before the opposing force killed Vyemm. Francois is a leapfrogger. Confirmed.
Closed Thread