Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 03:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're going to sit your tracker up there, why not also run OBS? You get a good video of 6 guys logging on at the ramp and actively engaging a mini, you can feel like Captain Planet when you clean up the server a bit.
A monk can solo a mini with good gear and puppet strings. And I have epic. I dealt with this bullshit 3 years ago from the same people, just saying what worked for me.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesThaDogg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A monk can solo a mini with good gear and puppet strings. And I have epic. I dealt with this bullshit 3 years ago from the same people, just saying what worked for me.
The same people doing this for 3 years straight? That... suspiciously sounds like a job, with payment happening somehow.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ban hammer inevitably drops. Sometimes it is weeks to months later, but it does drop.
Or years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesThaDogg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2019, 11:50 AM
Orc

Yup watched 3 of them kill one of the minis last night before i foolishly got croaked by a 2nd floor mob and died [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll upload the vid and you can watch - they were only ones in zone, all untagged. Had a couple rangers log in (one died) and I suspect wait to see if the loot dropped they needed.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People who RMT usually “get away with it” too ... until they don’t.

The ban hammer inevitably drops. Sometimes it is weeks to months later, but it does drop.
It's confirmation bias.

Like that story of how the RAF uparmoured ww2 bombers based on the distribution of hits on the planes that made it back home. All they ended up doing was armour the places that could survive being shot; the planes that took critical damage never made it home to contribute their data on where armour should be added.

All the RMT ban hammers are for the amateurs that get caught; the ones who aren't caught do it indefinitely under the radar. I guess.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah the 50k plat giveaway was a nice rmt coverup. Hidden in plain sight is a pretty advanced con tactic.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

i guess its the time of sweet summer children
Old 04-17-2019, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's confirmation bias.

Like that story of how the RAF uparmoured ww2 bombers based on the distribution of hits on the planes that made it back home. All they ended up doing was armour the places that could survive being shot; the planes that took critical damage never made it home to contribute their data on where armour should be added.

All the RMT ban hammers are for the amateurs that get caught; the ones who aren't caught do it indefinitely under the radar. I guess.
I really enjoyed learning about this. Wald was a wise one.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:10 PM
Kobold

I suppose they'll get punished as soon as someone makes a video of this happening.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillusional [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suppose they'll get punished as soon as someone makes a video of this happening.
Its pretty cut and dry... someone needs to record them logging in at the ramp. game over.
Closed Thread