Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 02:38 AM
Sarnak

https://i.imgur.com/0U2zygD.jpg

I whited out the tells communication I had with an officer yesterday whilst trying to find the seller, but you can clearly see I have the faction on the bottom right. As well that I'm wearing the wrists, hands, arms and boots. The only time this character has even left thurgadin in the last few days was to sell a CoS to afford the rest of my MQ's and buy my gems.

I'm going to try again today to find the person in question to reach a satisfactory conclusion. I was a bit underwhelmed by the response from the guild officer, but as long as the player who sold to me does the right thing in the end, I'm going to refrain from a name and shame. If not, well... I guess I'll see you all in RnF later on.

Edit: Looking at the image after an upload, I guess it's kind of hard to tell exactly what I'm wearing in those slots as the image quality went down after the edit/upload. But I'd be more than happy to show them in inventory if necessary.
Last edited by Indecisive; 04-18-2019 at 02:50 AM.. Reason: Image didn't show up
Old 04-18-2019, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://i.imgur.com/0U2zygD.jpg

I whited out the tells communication I had with an officer yesterday whilst trying to find the seller, but you can clearly see I have the faction on the bottom right. As well that I'm wearing the wrists, hands, arms and boots. The only time this character has even left thurgadin in the last few days was to sell a CoS to afford the rest of my MQ's and buy my gems.

I'm going to try again today to find the person in question to reach a satisfactory conclusion. I was a bit underwhelmed by the response from the guild officer, but as long as the player who sold to me does the right thing in the end, I'm going to refrain from a name and shame. If not, well... I guess I'll see you all in RnF later on.

Edit: Looking at the image after an upload, I guess it's kind of hard to tell exactly what I'm wearing in those slots as the image quality went down after the edit/upload. But I'd be more than happy to show them in inventory if necessary.
Did you get the other pieces from him too? If so that would imply he does have the correct faction.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Sometimes I go around and turn in stuff to these guys so threads like this happen.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hi

We won't help with reimbursement of items, but we are happy to help you find out what went wrong.

The logs show you both turned in the correct items. If the NPC was preloaded with gems the player that sold you the MQ would have received the legs, but in this case he didn't.

You turned in the gems about 30 seconds later so 1 of two things likely happened.

1. Another player sniped your legs(unlikely)
2. The player selling the MQ didn't have the right faction.

I won't put that player on blast, but happy to provide you with his name if you PM me or make a petitions / exploits forums post. You can reach out to him about trying to make it right.
Also I asked for information on a failed MQ I had years ago in a much worse situation than this and got shut down by staff.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you get the other pieces from him too? If so that would imply he does have the correct faction.
No. The other pieces were bought from other sellers.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes I go around and turn in stuff to these guys so threads like this happen.
I don't know why you would admit to something like this. That's a pretty awful thing to do.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah you got scammed. Ouch. Live and learn - maybe put the guy on blast.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know why you would admit to something like this. That's a pretty awful thing to do.
You pretty much just did the same thing accidentally. You should kill the NPC or stand guard 24:7 to prevent the next person from getting screwed over.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah you got scammed. Ouch. Live and learn - maybe put the guy on blast.
I'm still hopeful that can be avoided. If it was an honest mistake and he meant no harm, I don't want to hurt his reputation. I just want my money back.

If there's an <Asgard> Officer that reads this and would like to help me track down the player in question, I would be very grateful. Part of the problem in finding this person is I'm not certain if this was a main or an alt, as the turn-in character he used was low 50's, so it could be either.

I don't want to turn this into a bigger problem. Menden's post made it pretty clear what he believes to be the most likely scenario in the failure, and I think I've provided ample proof that it wasn't my faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You pretty much just did the same thing accidentally. You should kill the NPC or stand guard 24:7 to prevent the next person from getting screwed over.
I'm level 5. I've made a post about it, I've shouted in OOC, and it wasn't my fault to begin with, accidentally or otherwise. I was not the problem in the transaction. There's no part of this that's my fault.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure they changed it so killing the NPC doesn't even help now. Neither of things you suggest would have helped in any way with this problem (which was that the seller didn't have the proper faction).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread