Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Kobold

i can tell you, that i'm new as well.

I have had so many people help me, free starter gear, great starting weapons, plat donations for spells and more..

and i have only met 2 jerks ingame... so the friend to jerk ratio is like 300/1 if not higher.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

so no, these forums are not a reflection of the server...
Old 02-07-2013, 08:27 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekrul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well as the title says, i'm thinking of starting a character here, a cleric. My main question is are the forums an accurate reflection of the game play? It seems pointlessly obnoxious to play this old as dirt game if the community is so bad mannered. I can guarantee pretty much anyone reading these forums that hasn't starting playing here yet wouldn't want to play here.

So that was my first question, hopefully that will be answered and I'll want to play. Now i was wondering how hard it is to get groups? As a cleric I don't want to solo, so if anyone can shed some light on that it would be nice.
The people in this game are some of the nicest I have come across since I left EQ 7+ years ago. No joke. If we had people like this in all MMOs the market would have 3 times the people playing.

Forums are always a bad way to judge a community. Most people avoid them, a lot of those that do go to forums do so to troll. I haven't yet experienced the raid scene and to be honest, don't ever plan to. It looks to me like a lot of the drama is in the upper tiers and with EQ that can be avoided and not really missed at all.

It's a free game (though I do hope people donate) so give it a shot for a month or two. Worst case, you hate it and quit. It's a game, so it's not like you 'lost' anything. Find a good guild, that will definitely help.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Never had a problem with the people in game from level 1-50 which is the level I am at currently. The people in game do not reflect some of the negative people on the forum. As far as groups, shouldn't have a problem if you stick to the most popular zones or get into a guild that is leveling up.

Crushbone, Blackburrow, East Common, Oasis, Upper Guk, Unrest, MM, Overthere, City of Mist, Lower Guk, SolB has groups quite frequently.
Last edited by eqravenprince; 02-07-2013 at 09:53 AM..
Old 02-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Kobold

i must say when it comes to the everquest community, both back in 1999 and even in EQ2 i have always been very impressed with the quality of the people and this server does not disappoint.

i also agree with the above about forums being a terrible place, but alas it is a guilty pleasure of mine... mostly because i get bored at work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Sarnak

The endgame (read: raiding content beyond plane clearing) is cutthroat. It will not change.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Sarnak

I don't post on the forms much, but I wanted to jump in and say how good the community is and the people I play with here.

I have had GREAT experiences grouping with people and making friends. I have had good guild experiences as well. I haven't tried out the raiding scene yet, but I have a feeling if your just wanting to get to 60 and enjoy the game like you used to and run some planar raids to get gear you will have a blast here!

Welcome Back Home. =)
Daire 2011-02-26 18:50:55 Dropped Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Amapolo 2011-02-26 18:51:29 Picked Up Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Old 02-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

This game reflects Real Life. There are mostly really nice people on here and some real ass holes. Make it what you are. Have fun or not in the game. Play for years or quit in a week.

By the way, welcome aboard.
Closed Thread