Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

Default If you had around 45k to spend...

Would you focus on one character? Or spread it out around a couple/few/many characters?

I'm looking for a fresh start and could really use some ideas. Necro, monk and bard are the only classes I want to avoid. Necro because that's the character I'm getting rid of, monk because I hate having to pull every group, and bard because... even if it's my favorite class, I get drained after an hour or two. You never really get a break, and on live I always felt super rusty if I wasn't playing him almost exclusively.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:03 AM
Banned

I've invested in 3 characters. A 60 Druid/ 56 Warrior/ 31 SK. After all is said and done, I wish i woulda skipped the warrior and gone all in on the SK.. He's so much fun. Gives me the option of grouping and soloing. Which is great for my casualness. With 45k, he'd be a blast to gear up man!

My vote- SK!
Old 04-05-2019, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

A fungi on a fungi-able class
Old 04-05-2019, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

45k is an interesting number, if you decide on a melee, all in on easy to re-sell items in case you change your mind later. Stuff like a RBG for haste, 2x SCW, a few good weapons for the price, HP gear., nice bang/buck armorpieces like crystal chitin and PSC.

Something like the above on a Ranger would be pretty cool!

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>
Old 04-05-2019, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would you focus on one character? Or spread it out around a couple/few/many characters?

I'm looking for a fresh start and could really use some ideas. Necro, monk and bard are the only classes I want to avoid. Necro because that's the character I'm getting rid of, monk because I hate having to pull every group, and bard because... even if it's my favorite class, I get drained after an hour or two. You never really get a break, and on live I always felt super rusty if I wasn't playing him almost exclusively.
What are your end goals for a char? Do you want to excel in raid, group, solo, etc? You want to have that figured out because 51+ is when the real grind starts and your class gets more defined. It's hard to recommend a setup without knowing those things.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are your end goals for a char? Do you want to excel in raid, group, solo, etc? You want to have that figured out because that's when the real grind starts and your class gets more defined.
I'd like to do some raiding, but I've no intention on joining Aftermath or a guild like that. Something and somewhere I could get an epic before Pantheon and not have to batphone, basically. I'd like to be able to group as well, but I don't care if I'm first picked - I just want to be able to do it with a modicum of consistency.

I saw SK and Ranger above, and I've always been interested in both. I've played a lot of casters but not many melee, outside of bard.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Mage. You’ll never get epic but very underrated class
Old 04-05-2019, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

I'd probably go SK over Ranger. You'll have a much better soloing experience, not to mention a more well defined group role. Raidwise ranger will probably be more fun in the end when you get a whole shitload of gear, but doesn't sound like you want to go that route. Also, I found SK spells way more enjoyable than ranger. I'd take FD over pretty much any spell a ranger has.

I went iksar SK personally for Regen, AC, and most importantly I think they look the best in Velious plate. Also Greenmist is a nice perk if you want to skip the normal SK epic. But you really can't go wrong with any of the races.
Last edited by Crede; 04-05-2019 at 11:27 AM..
Old 04-05-2019, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Buy a fungi
Old 04-05-2019, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Fungus covered scale tunic and some 100pp weapons. Next up haste
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread