Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone
Default Server chat...

Server chat is NOT for talking shit. It's for general discussions on Red 99, PvP, and Project 1999.

It is NOT for you to spew bullshit about your feud no one cares about except for a rapidly dwindling hardcore neckbeard forum crew who - with few exceptions - hardly even play anymore.

Knock this shit off. Will start moving punishments to include in-game accounts if people can't learn where to post their threads. If it's mildly antagonistic (you KNOW what's going to light people's fires - that's why you posted the thread in the first place) put it in RnF. If it's talking shit about someone or a guild or an event - RnF. If it's got pictures of people dying, RnF. If it's about how person x raped person z financially and physically, while also neglecting person q... PUT IT IN RNF.

Last fucking warning. We let so much shit slide with you guys that would never fly on Blue because we respect the community and understand you are cut from a different cloth. Unfortunately we have to draw the line somewhere. If we can't all handle the privilege of having a forum to post on, we can come up with alternative motivations and punishments for those who can't figure it out.

Thanks, love you all.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Banned

Can we do this with OOC too?

You'd be amazed how many new players to the box ask 'is this how OOC is all the time? is this server really that bad'

when they log in and see all of the nonsense in ooc
Old 07-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server chat is NOT for talking shit. It's for general discussions on Red 99, PvP, and Project 1999.

It is NOT for you to spew bullshit about your feud no one cares about except for a rapidly dwindling hardcore neckbeard forum crew who - with few exceptions - hardly even play anymore.

Knock this shit off. Will start moving punishments to include in-game accounts if people can't learn where to post their threads. If it's mildly antagonistic (you KNOW what's going to light people's fires - that's why you posted the thread in the first place) put it in RnF. If it's talking shit about someone or a guild or an event - RnF. If it's got pictures of people dying, RnF. If it's about how person x raped person z financially and physically, while also neglecting person q... PUT IT IN RNF.

Last fucking warning. We let so much shit slide with you guys that would never fly on Blue because we respect the community and understand you are cut from a different cloth. Unfortunately we have to draw the line somewhere. If we can't all handle the privilege of having a forum to post on, we can come up with alternative motivations and punishments for those who can't figure it out.

Thanks, love you all.
Thank you!!
Old 07-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it's got pictures of people dying, RnF.
lol.

also yea i like global ooc, but think it should be policed. should be some squadron of ooc police, who can mute people on-the-fly, and whose actions are reviewed by the GMs after the fact.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:51 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we do this with OOC too?

You'd be amazed how many new players to the box ask 'is this how OOC is all the time? is this server really that bad'

when they log in and see all of the nonsense in ooc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol.

also yea i like global ooc, but think it should be policed. should be some squadron of ooc police, who can mute people on-the-fly, and whose actions are reviewed by the GMs after the fact.
We still agree with you 100%. Right after the changes went in and we started really trying to push a good community onto R99, OOC actually was pretty decent for a while. It's now back to a shitshow like it was before.

I would love if we could have a csr access level that JUST has #revoke. unfortunately, #revoke isnt even working right now, so we have to #suspend instead, and that's not a command I want someone we don't trust to have (you can suspend someone for a thousand years, effectively banning them).

Regardless, something will be done about Global OOC - we are going to be adding more Guides for Red to help police that (including at least 1 dedicated Red Guide), and we are still hoping to get the "area OOC" working properly at some point, because I think that'd clean up a lot of that garbage while still allowing people working towards similar goals to group up easily.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Banned

I think OOC is perfect just the way it is

lets be honest - people who play this game or for the most part adults over 22

when theres shit talk in ooc, its normal, get over it, we play a red server

if you got a real problem with ooc, guess what, you can turn it off

OOC is really crucial to have for this community, not only to find grps, but to auction your items - you take it away and you have taken a giant dump on server

again, if you are really butt-hurt about people talking in ooc, and your 25 year old ears can't take a little shit talk - you CAN turn it off.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Retired GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think OOC is perfect just the way it is

lets be honest - people who play this game or for the most part adults over 22

when theres shit talk in ooc, its normal, get over it, we play a red server

if you got a real problem with ooc, guess what, you can turn it off

OOC is really crucial to have for this community, not only to find grps, but to auction your items - you take it away and you have taken a giant dump on server

again, if you are really butt-hurt about people talking in ooc, and your 25 year old ears can't take a little shit talk - you CAN turn it off.
This is the problem. The mentality is that new people should have to go out of their way to avoid your bullshit. That's not the way you build a population. If I walk into a restaurant, and I'm a non-smoker, and the front of that restaurant is the smoking section and all i can see/smell/taste is smoke, I'm going to leave. I'm old enough to smoke, but I don't want to deal with the irritation and annoyance of having smoke shoved in my face - and I'm definitely not going to take the time to "go into the back" to avoid the smoke.

Bottom line, Andis and everyone else who feels OOC is "fine" is that we don't think it's "fine". So if you'd like to keep it the way it is, and if you'd like to keep your account out of "banned=1" then

clean it the fuck up

thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] <3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-01-2014, 10:56 AM
Banned

Easy killer.

I agree /ooc is necessary and I am against restricting it to cities/areas.'

Most trades and auctions get done by one guy camping an item or lvling in a group, and one guy doing the same or sitting at a bank half the world away.
same thing with finding exp groups, think it would hinder it.

on the other hand, there is just some really toxic bullshit in ooc far too often. I just want to see this server grow.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Banned

preemptively ban stasis in game imo
Old 07-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Retired GM

We have the forums for selling items. Not to mention with area based OOC, you'll still have plenty of people to talk to - cities become the new "EC tunneL" where you auction your stuff, or look to buy stuff. Alternatively, you can be a traveling salesman, going from OOC area to OOC area to peddle your wares. The areas are of a decent size and link similar zones together.

If you guys don't like that solution, clean up global OOC.
Closed Thread