Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 03:27 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Charming question - Spiders aren't Animals?!?

Level 20 druid here! Just dinged actually [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Having some fun in East Karana with Gorge Hounds and other puppers, but wanted to move to the Crag Spiders that I've read about in the ole Druid guides on the wiki, however, the darn doesn't recognize them as animals? Is this new??

Figured if a "griffawn" is an animal, you would think spiders would be too. So far I've just been charming more wolves to help take them down...

My question is, where would be the best spot to continue charming? I've heard the elephants are a good choice in South Karana - any input would be awesome!!

Happy Christmas y'all!
Old 12-25-2017, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

Elephants in SK seemed sparse to me for ones that gave XP. I think at 24/25 you can start doing the sabertooth in LOIO, 13 on map by the windmill.

https://wiki.project1999.com/A_Sabertooth_Grimalkin

Can prolly do the spiders via dog charming or root rot to 24 to begin the sabertooth. Been a while since I leveled druid so don't recall where else in low 20s you could charm.
Old 12-25-2017, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

There are a bunch of elephants just north of Aviak town, and they're easy enough to find with track.

As for spiders not being animals, "animal" in Everquest really means "fish, mammal (including gryphons), or reptile", but not insects or arachnids. If you want a more comprehensive list of "animals" see this thread.

For other ideas check out the Per-Level Hunting Guide (there's a link in my signature). It has lots of great druid charming spots (which you can easily find by clicking the "Druid" filter), including one of my favorites: Cazic Thule alligators.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-25-2017 at 05:34 PM..
Old 12-26-2017, 01:00 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are a bunch of elephants just north of Aviak town, and they're easy enough to find with track.

As for spiders not being animals, "animal" in Everquest really means "fish, mammal (including gryphons), or reptile", but not insects or arachnids. If you want a more comprehensive list of "animals" see this thread.

For other ideas check out the Per-Level Hunting Guide (there's a link in my signature). It has lots of great druid charming spots (which you can easily find by clicking the "Druid" filter), including one of my favorites: Cazic Thule alligators.
You're awesome!! Thanks so much
Old 12-26-2017, 01:24 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

You can kill the spiders in EK by aggro kiting them while your charmed pet (I used the griffawns) beats on them. Just snare the spider and cast Whirling Wind on it whenever the spider starts attacking your pet to reestablish aggro.
Serraphina Lacrimosa <Paradigm Shift> - 56 Rogue
Old 12-26-2017, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

Be careful charming animals in Kunark, LOIO and OT especially. I had an absolutely miserable time with resists and early breaks while charming in most Kunark zones. Same goes for snares, fire dots/nukes, and really anything that doesn't have -magic/fire resist checks. Rhinos and tigers/cats tend to run about jboots speed, too.

Always go for the lowest level blues you can find. Player level vs mob level plays the greatest part in calculating magic resist and spell stickiness. The greater the difference between your level and the mob's level, the longer your charms, roots, rando duration debuffs etc. will last.
Last edited by Bummey; 12-26-2017 at 04:50 PM..
Old 12-27-2017, 12:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be careful charming animals in Kunark, LOIO and OT especially. I had an absolutely miserable time with resists and early breaks while charming in most Kunark zones. Same goes for snares, fire dots/nukes, and really anything that doesn't have -magic/fire resist checks. Rhinos and tigers/cats tend to run about jboots speed, too.

Always go for the lowest level blues you can find. Player level vs mob level plays the greatest part in calculating magic resist and spell stickiness. The greater the difference between your level and the mob's level, the longer your charms, roots, rando duration debuffs etc. will last.
Ah yes this tends to be true, however there are also plenty of mobs to root rot in the area as needed. Druid dots have -100 MR check so worst case you dot up some mobs there until you're of level to more safely charm.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

At 20 you can charm near WW zone line in OT (by mud lake with vendor). Elephants in SK are really sparse, as someone had mentioned. LOIO tigers, perhaps. I forget their levels. The grimalkins are a bit much at 20.
Closed Thread