Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Default Leaderboard Input

I'm looking for some general and specific input on the new leaderboard I have up at http://r99pvp.com.

First off - any genuine suggestion goes! This is really your leaderboard, so if there's something you want to see, please speak up. It can be anything, from a general feature such as "I want to see a list of kills in each zone," to something more specific such as "I want to see the number of points a person gets for a kill partially depend on their ratio versus the ratio of the person they killed."

We're looking to maintain what was good about the old leaderboard while implementing some new features that help address where it went wrong.

So what was good about the old leaderboard imo:
- General wealth of information and options for sorting, etc.
- The amount of points awarded for a kill diminished when the person had been killed recently
- Guild-on-Guild kills not counting

Where we're trying to do better:
- Integrity - we will select a system and stick to it
- Points system - we're going to refine things for balance and use a system weighted with a bit more detail
- Speed - In addition to being a custom solution setup to be lean, we will be working on optimization throughout the site's life for snappy performance

Our largest priority at the moment is establishing a ranking system. We would like to have a system that bears in mind the difficulty of kills and a few other extraneous factors such as streaks.

I'm thinking something to this effect with some tweaking:
- The number of base points a person's death is worth is equal to their Kill : Death ratio
- Each kill of a streak of 5 kills or more is worth 2% per kill up to 15 kills - 10% up to 30%
- A large disparity in Kill : Death ratios between the killer and killee will shrink or grow the points awarded accordingly

In the end, no system can be perfect. We will do our absolute best to balance it, but we're all going to have to eat it in some right. I'm hoping that by introducing a more weighted system we can encourage some more dynamic PvP encounters and make somewhat of a meta-game out of it. I fully acknowledge that the #1 player on the leaderboard might not be the best PvPer. Ratio says a lot and ultimately will count for a lot, but we want to do something to reward people who go hunting for high-value targets instead of repeatedly dominating a bunch of noobs.

Your thoughts and comments please!
Old 06-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Orc

The other 5 people playing on this server are really excited for this
Old 06-28-2014, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Keep your rants in another thread or I'll have you banned, boy.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep your rants in another thread or I'll have you banned, boy.
Lol... ya sure IRL info boy.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Banned

wait, i thought you said that you weren't a felon? why would you be upset like this over false real life info? if someone said that i were a serial killer, i don't think i'd be upset about it.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wait, i thought you said that you weren't a felon? why would you be upset like this over false real life info? if someone said that i were a serial killer, i don't think i'd be upset about it.
I am not, but still exposed my RL name or close to it anyway.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Bullshit Elderan - you bragged to Flawless Victory on blue years ago that you stole money but got to keep it after time in prison.

Can we please get all this dumb shit moved into whatever Eldermoran is a Maggot thread is floating around in PvP RnF please?

So how about that leaderboard? What do you think about my tentative points system? Some real input, please.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:27 PM
Banned

naw you're a felon, no1 gonna buy that
Old 06-28-2014, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Sektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
naw you're a felon, no1 gonna buy that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy View Post
Saint Sektor cleansing the server of sick humans. This guy deserves VIP / Contributor status.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bullshit Elderan - you bragged to Flawless Victory on blue years ago that you stole money but got to keep it after time in prison.

Can we please get all this dumb shit moved into whatever Eldermoran is a Maggot thread is floating around in PvP RnF please?

So how about that leaderboard? What do you think about my tentative points system? Some real input, please.
Lol you are simply a moron. I have an officer from FV in my TS at this very moment and he was laughing at you also.

I have found some dumb people on this project but right now you are tops of the leaderboard.
Closed Thread