Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 03:16 AM
Sarnak

Well Obama actually only has 217 electoral "confirmed" (probably less, I mean the source is Huffington Post...)

But if Obama doesn't get 270, the vote goes to the House of Representatives. Currently controlled by the Republicans....

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
(Psalms 143:12-144:1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
[10:53] <@Amelinda> he grabbed my ass and then i broke his nose.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:17 AM
Banned

Ya after reading those stats closely they are not counting 61 electoral votes toward either candidate which they deem "tossup". the 217 they label "strong obama" i would have to say are guaranteed obama after looking at them. Out of the "leans Obama" states I would also say penn is very likely to go to Obama as well as Iowa.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also FYI as of today Obama only has 271 electoral votes, and thats from Huffington Post's electoral outlook, a heavily communist propaganda rag fully in lockstep with him. You need 270 to win the election. So he is by all chances already behind, and has slowly been slipping, and will continue on this trend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obama only has 271 electoral votes. You need 270 to win the election.
Quote:
It wont be close, Obamas a goner
Are you really this bad at math?

Let me teach you how this works. On that map you linked, there are several states that are so undecided they can't say for certain who will get the electoral votes from that state. These are colored gold.

They represent 61 electoral votes that aren't added into either candidate's total yet.

However, (and I'll go slowly so you can understand the math) even if Romney wins all of these states (which is highly unlikely), he'll have:

206 + 61 = 267 electoral votes.

Now, I'm glad you Googled how many electoral votes a candidate needs to win a majority before posting your response. As you recall, that's 270. Therefore, under the highly unlikely event that Romney wins every undecided state, he still lacks enough electoral votes to beat Obama.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Well Obama actually only has 217 electoral "confirmed" (probably less, I mean the source is Huffington Post...)

But if Obama doesn't get 270, the vote goes to the House of Representatives. Currently controlled by the Republicans....
Look I am no Obama champion but if you take a closer look at the 217 confirmed states and do some research you will say that there is a very insignificant chance of them changing to Romney, just loook at the types of states in question.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangle
a) stock market up 50%; b) deficit decreased (not sure on %); c) unemployment decreased significantly; d) nothing majorly bad happened, even if you dont like obama care; d) bin laden killed; e) out of iraq
a) correct
b) Federal Deficit was 455 billion when Obama took office. In 2011 it was 1.3 trillion. A 300% increase in gov't spending under Obama. (Currently @ 1.1T, but since the year isn't over I went with 2011 statistics - doesn't really matter tho....)
c) Unemployment Rate this time 2008 was 6.1%. Currently at 7.8%. 1.7% increase in unemployment under Obama.

The rest is irrelevant as the President was a non-factor, or it was already in the works when Obama took office.

Just sayin...

<The Mystical Order>

Alts:
[34 Wizard] Motlee Crue (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[4 Wizard] Aysee Deecee (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[2 Wizard] Vhan Halen (Human) <The Mystical Order>

Live - Tallon Zek 2000-2005 / Drinal 2007-2008
[80 Sorcerer] Acillatem Zoso (Human) <Knights of the White Rose> / <Veritable Quandary>
Old 10-17-2012, 03:30 AM
Sarnak

You have to recall Romney was a relative unknown until to a vast majority of Americans until the GOP convention and these debates. Obama has had 4+ years of Messiah worship from everyone besides Fox News.

My 150 prediction may have been a bit high. But a good 100 or so; the margin will continue to close.

Obama's only trick at this point is an October surprise.

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
Quote:
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
You have to recall Romney was a relative unknown until to a vast majority of Americans until the GOP convention and these debates.
It's astounding just how out of touch you are with the world.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acillatem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a) correct
b) Federal Deficit was 455 billion when Obama took office. In 2011 it was 1.3 trillion. A 300% increase in gov't spending under Obama. (Currently @ 1.1T, but since the year isn't over I went with 2011 statistics - doesn't really matter tho....)
c) Unemployment Rate this time 2008 was 6.1%. Currently at 7.8%. 1.7% increase in unemployment under Obama.

The rest is irrelevant as the President was a non-factor, or it was already in the works when Obama took office.

Just sayin...
Ya you seem to be correct on 2 and 3. I should've done my research but I take issue to Bin laden's death being a non-factor because it plays on our emotions.

Secondly and more importantly, you can argue that things "already in the works" when Obama took office do not merely include things that are good, like Bin Laden's death and removal from Iraq, but also things that are bad like the debt increase and unemployment increase. It may be the case that debt increases and unemployment increases were also "already in the works".
Old 10-17-2012, 03:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's astounding just how out of touch you are with the world.
No, it's astounding how out of touch the American people are, especially when it comes to matters of politics. Romney's been on my radar for years, and I guess of the "establishment" candidates it's not a shock he got this years Republican nomination.

Also all those droves of people that came out for Obama when he barely won in 2008... most of them are now disillusioned. Many won't show up, or will have an "anyone BUT Obama" mentality.

My impression: they're both slimy used car salesman types. But everyone knows that about Obama, Romney has a cleaner slate and a lot more mud to sling.

Quote:
Old 10-17-2012, 03:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Obama... barely won in 2008...
Okay Okay, are you serious dude. He has 365 electoral votes to McCain's 173.
Closed Thread