Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-17-2024, 04:01 PM
Sarnak

You'll want a Jboots MQ and a GGR on the chanter. That's 10k at least right there.
Old 04-17-2024, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll want a Jboots MQ and a GGR on the chanter. That's 10k at least right there.
You can survive without JBoots for awhile if you need, and then just go do the quest yourself
Old 04-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Sarnak

He says he has 15k to spend. The idea that you wouldn't buy Jboots is not even worth discussing.
Old 04-18-2024, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

why?

most of your time is gonna be spent in dungeons

sow pots are fine for travel, i didnt get jboots until i hit 60 (enc was first char playing eq/p99)

you dont need a ggr either...i never got one until late

what he needs more as a beginner enchanter is decent enough gear to ease the learning curve...being in rags with jboots and ggr would be a huge mistake lol
Last edited by Toxigen; 04-18-2024 at 08:43 AM..
Old 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

I would rather buy the GGR plus some CHA gear (and INT/mana as a bonus) while saving plat to help with spells over buying JBoots that aren't really needed even if not in dungeons. Sure they can be used as a GCD clickie outdoors, but can just buy the Rod for the Alliance clicky for that for like barely any plat.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Fire Giant

I always find stripping gear for plat from an old character is a bad idea. at some point you realize you could use that character for something, to help you with an alt somewhere along the road.

If you have only 15k worth of gear on a 53 druid. You could actually just use that druid to camp gear for your alt, while still probably making money, and exp on your druid. 2 birds stoned at once. The amount of times i've stripped a character, for an alt, and regretted it- Is every single time.
Old 04-18-2024, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Fair point there. If you have a Druid with all the ports and you're not trying to mega-twink an alt, just join Dial-A-Port and port consistently for like a week or so. That's enough to get multiple four figures in plat right there (if you do it right by binding at hammer hill etc.) which is enough to do a basic twink of almost any character (by basic twink I mean get them decently geared in all slots, not insanely twinked out).
Old 04-18-2024, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why?

most of your time is gonna be spent in dungeons

sow pots are fine for travel, i didnt get jboots until i hit 60 (enc was first char playing eq/p99)

you dont need a ggr either...i never got one until late

what he needs more as a beginner enchanter is decent enough gear to ease the learning curve...being in rags with jboots and ggr would be a huge mistake lol
Sigh. You don't "need" any items to start a character. I'm responding to the OP's question, specifically what is the best way to twink a character with 15k.

A huge mistake would be imagining that spending 15k on gear for a chanter will feel more impactful than the gear you can get with 4k. What will make a big difference in efficiency or not hating your life is GGR and Jboots. That leaves you with more than enough for a Rod of Glamor > hp/ac rings > Crude Stein and other economy cha or int caster gear.
Old 04-18-2024, 05:09 PM
Fire Giant

[re: Jboots] Sow pots' effect and—more importantly—duration scale with level, so as a result are pretty bad until the mid levels or so. Whereas Jboots is Jboots always and forever. Level 1 Jboots are not necessary, but it's a luxury everyone should experience once imho.

Given OP is a 53 druid, farming them over buying them seems like move.

OP, don't forget to put your new character on a separate login account!
Old 04-19-2024, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

jboots and ggr or bedlam at 58

i know what im taking