Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-28-2024, 04:14 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh look its this thread again
Yeah, cause it's needed. Luclin is long overdue on these servers.
Old 03-28-2024, 04:15 PM
Large Bat

Jesus Christ dude, you need a tissue? This guy is filling up the Ocean of Tears all by himself cause someone suggested a good idea.
Old 03-28-2024, 04:25 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumoo112 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLPs have instance raids and they seem to do just fine, just releasing them, and still making Money off of them.
easy to make money when you don't police people rocking 24 man MQ2 box crews to farm items for RMTquest.
Old 03-28-2024, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

In a year, P99 will die, Quarm will take over.

Cyas in a year then?

Go to eqemulator and check forum (and discord) and search for "making my own server", refine search terms to "I wanna make it stop at <insert expansion>" do I just enable expansion number in server_rules?
Short answer: Yes! But it will use all current server code. Combat, saves, pet power etc. Enjoy.

Long answer: Nope! followed by 50,000 extra steps requiring c++, mysql and perl/lua coding skillz.

<highschool_coder> pipes in with takp has released the DB! Should be easy blah blah. They will be shot down by the 3 or 4 actual coders that frequent the forums pointing out there are thousands of changes needed to bring a server up to era correctness.

So, go do it and see ya never.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumoo112 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the time is NOW. I know years back p99 made an agreement with the owners of eq. But given the change of hands over the years, the current devs working on other projects. Other private servers making content beyond Velious, i think for the future of p99 they need to expand the content. The time is now.
You think you want it, but you dont.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You think you want it, but you dont.
Swish has 255 wisdom with +500 heroic wis
Old 03-28-2024, 08:46 PM
Aviak

Even the people who have the sweatiest most exclusive pixels here aren't calling for luclin. Most of us play here specifically because luclin was dogshit.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:49 PM
Aviak

Woahhh look at this new game mechanic, you're outside but it's still treated as underwater! We changed literally one flag! This is game development and progression.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:52 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I think you guys are afraid of the content.
Old 03-28-2024, 09:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
I think you guys are afraid of the content.
There's a ton of p99 content I've still never seen nor participated in.

Never been to sleeper's, never played a bard or a shadowknight or a ranger past level 15, never killed literally any dragon in tov unless you count hot drakes as dragons, never rolled a troll shaman and self-found it through that misery gauntlet, never been to najena ever except once by accident, never grouped in sola ever on any character, never really grouped in sol b except for some "bugs" group and I think I died just trying to get to them. Never really grouped in permafrost, droga, chardok, splitpaw, CT, velks except ent groups. Never did a cleric epic, enc epic, nec epic, sk epic, monk epic, wiz epic, mage epic. Never got a good spell off a cliff golem. Never got a VP key, never killed a trak cause the meta is no retards allowed.

There are so many things to do, if you've done them all I fear the smell of your chair.