Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 11:08 AM
Orc

It's sad that they are on this name change power trip, when they could be focusing this energy on GM events. But no, guilds and players have to hold server wide events while the "Guides" go around changing some toons name Drinkkerr and leaving a guy named Ismokeweed.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's sad that they are on this name change power trip, when they could be focusing this energy on GM events. But no, guilds and players have to hold server wide events while the "Guides" go around changing some toons name Drinkkerr and leaving a guy named Ismokeweed.
This poster is exhibiting signs of being mad
Old 02-13-2018, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they'll get there soon enough. immersion WILL be restored.

hail victory!
Old 02-13-2018, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

llandris is a saint.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 02-13-2018, 12:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
llandris is a saint.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What’s the end game here?
No fun allowed is the endgame
Old 02-13-2018, 12:24 PM
Banned

This IS end game
Old 02-13-2018, 12:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a full list somewhere?

I'd like to know if any of my character's names have been changed.
I'd love to see a list, it would help mitigate the impacts of this change. The huge unintended consequence here is the loss of currency via reputation for the community. For example:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=244125

Assume for a moment "lunatick" is a name in violation of the rules... there's plenty of evidence out there to show the community has a bad impression of this guy. If someone petitions his name, or if he petitions it himself, he can get a generated name, a blank slate, and join another raiding guild like he's a brand new player.

I also predict new names will be used to help spy on other guilds.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

All my characters are safe and the same!

Or are they?
Old 02-13-2018, 03:04 PM
Aviak

I did not have a name changed, and quite frankly, I don't give a shit. That said, my 3 main takeaways are:

1) This edict should have been consistent. Ban all violations, or ban none. Of course the owners of the server are free to do whatever the hell they want, but if they want to maintain some semblance of a community with rules/guidelines, they need to be enforced equally.

2) A lot of historic server ne'er-do-wells are about to get an unearned, and undeserved, clean reputation-slate.

3) The number of high-horsers getting off on people's misfortune over this is truly pathetic. Really, think about what you're griefing people over.

Life will go on, and I must admit the threads have been highly entertaining, but this is one of the most pitiful things I've ever seen people derive pleasure from.

Just my 2 cents. As you were.
Closed Thread