Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 05:14 PM
Aviak

This sounds like loads of fun. Reminds me of the Iron man Challenge in WoW. Very tempted to give this a shot...if I can only pull myself away from my Pally!

Its all fun and games until somebody loses an eye, then its just a game, FIND THE EYE!
Old 10-27-2017, 06:48 PM
Sarnak

Default Join in on the PermaDeath play-style!

Come check out a fun and exciting way to play the game. This challenge is for ANYONE who wants to give it a shot! We have even had some infamous red server names try it out. The guild is still around and could definitely use some fresh new faces to join in.

The main ideas are this:

1. Your character is RANDOMLY determined, requirements being race/class randomed thorugh various methods explained in the Discord channels.

2. You die by any means from creation and onward, then its time to delete or re-roll! (in some instances if your character has become very attached to you people have just chose to disband/remove that character from the Guild and therefore the play-style. Interesting note to this, to this day not a single character of my knowledge has been continued to play further, more just chosen to keep as a trophy of sorts)

3. No Suiciding because you don't like your roll. Try it out, you may find that even though you've played that class before a new race and play-style adds a whole 'nother dimension to it.

4. You are allowed to farm to your hearts content and buy/sell gear in the EC tunnel, and even find gear Vendor-diving if that's your wish. Just no setting up a "finding" a Fungi tunic, because lets face it no one has EVER sold a Fungi to a vendor on purpose.

5. In order to keep the challenge pure, there is no PowerLeveling or OP/Over-level buffs. Buffs should have a 10 level limit. i.e. at level 12 no getting a POTG/Chloro cast on you etc.

6. Above all else have fun! There are options to /brew (that's the Discord command we use to RNG a character) for a specific area if a few friends would like to try out playing in the same area together, In addition everyone in the guild is allowed to have 2 characters, so it is encouraged to save a spot to join people and group together. We don't have any problems providing a port with outside guild toons to meet up and group with friends/guildies either if that is what you would like to do.

Details are in the Discord channels, hop in and check it out. It is a fun time for sure. Be sure to read through the #guild_rules and #faq channels for all the details and guidelines.

Discord link: https://discord.gg/gc89fb5