Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 02:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like a boulder tossed in the ocean, we are still seeing the ripples of the displaced seafury crew.
I am sorry but you are incorrect here if you are meaning that comment towards my game play. If you mean it as to how and why others are doing their bad behavior... then yes I can agree it might be part of the cause for such.
Old 08-13-2017, 02:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you aren't willing to share the precious goblins, you're the evil elf.
Isn't that what the dark elfs are all about?? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And its not my ability to share that is at fault here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

its the toxic behavior of others that think they can just come in and take things from you
Old 08-13-2017, 03:09 AM
Fire Giant

Honey what are you so upset about?

> Someone kill stole my level 30 goblin :<

Mother was right, I should have married someone else
Old 08-13-2017, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have seemed to gloss over the first line of the chat log.. so i will recast it here again for your reading pleasure

[Wed Jul 26 15:49:45 2017] You told Cylock, 'a player pulled up some info saying Rogean deemed each room here a camp but i couldn't find this on the forums when i searched.. it that truly the case?'

The response "[Wed Jul 26 15:50:19 2017] Cylock tells you, 'no, that entire area is one camp, back in TRUE classic. Yea it was one room ... but not on p99'"

Break down of the reply so its more easily understandable

no, that entire area is one camp
back in TRUE classic. Yea it was one room --> IE one room per person / group
... but not on p99' - meaning its one camp.

Read the entire context and not just how you would like it to be because the original question pose to Cylock is if the area should be each room is a camp.. if it was .. I would have expected more of a response .. yes this is correct.. 1 room to a person / group. See the fun thing about simple English is when expressed properly its very hard to argue with so I hope you can understand the break down of the complex reply from Cylock here now when taken in its full context in response to the actual question asked.
I did and I read it differently to you, which again is why I said it's good that we don't have a hard copy of written sets of rules for people to "read as they like" and twist/abuse.

Cylock's reply wasn't complex at all, quite the opposite. Why did you only post an extract from the log and not the full log? I can imagine why [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-13-2017, 06:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am sorry but you are incorrect here if you are meaning that comment towards my game play. If you mean it as to how and why others are doing their bad behavior... then yes I can agree it might be part of the cause for such.
Not a criticism on you, I found level 60 mages farming plat off level 38 giants to be risible, to hear they are now doing the same, but to level 28 goblins in popular xp spots is just a new level of absurdity to me.

Seriously, guys. Form a crew.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

[Wed Jul 26 15:49:45 2017] You told Cylock, 'a player pulled up some info saying Rogean deemed each room here a camp but i couldn't find this on the forums when i searched.. it that truly the case?'

The response "[Wed Jul 26 15:50:19 2017] Cylock tells you, 'no, that entire area is one camp, back in TRUE classic. Yea it was one room ... but not on p99'"

Break down of the reply so its more easily understandable

no, that entire area is one camp
back in TRUE classic. Yea it was one room --> IE one room per person / group
... but not on p99' - meaning its one camp.

Read the entire context and not just how you would like it to be because the original question pose to Cylock is if the area should be each room is a camp.. if it was .. I would have expected more of a response .. yes this is correct.. 1 room to a person / group. See the fun thing about simple English is when expressed properly its very hard to argue with so I hope you can understand the break down of the complex reply from Cylock here now when taken in its full context in response to the actual question asked.
Commas are hard for you aren't they. So I shall further further break it down.

No, (answering back you are wrong with a simple word) that area is one camp,(comma pause for inflection for the next part) back in True( further inflection on true) classic. Yea( broken English to make you feel a bit better for telling you something you didn't want to hear) it was(hence the past tense here Was ) one room ... ( 3 dots means he was sipping his coffee scratching his head while finishing off his statement and dealing the final blow ) but not on p99.

Now a normal person who can grasp this would be like oh well shit but you sir cried out looking for someone to agree with your twist on it.

GL out there.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-13-2017, 11:37 AM
Fire Giant

Going back to EQ Live back in 1999 was The HK Goblins was broken down into 3 camps as easy, medium and hard. You used to have 3 different groups in each room. This was also when you had normal players who had normal equipment.

Now on P99, you have level 30 players carrying level 50+ twink gear so all 3 rooms have always been just one camp. This also cuts down the all the trains from players who think they can take the hard room by themselves and come running with all the Goblins.

Now you can give one of the room away if you are there first but why bother... I can always say from experience that I have used 3 characters there and every group I was in, held down all 3 rooms as one camp...
Old 08-13-2017, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have used 3 characters there and every group I was in, held down all 3 rooms as one camp...
I have been in groups like this too, as it's the norm in HHK. But, I have also been in groups where the warlord room (iirc?) with higher lvl goblins was being camped separately by some higher level, which was annoying because we were clearing everything else so easily that room would have been nice to have too.

As I understand it, if you can't visibly see the mob spot where you are setting camp up, technically you can't call it your camp then. Which is why, those rooms can be considered and taken as an individual camp.

It's a bit retarded in cases like this where one little wall blocks the view of the goblin merbs, but, it is what it is.

Basically there's too many other spots to XP at to let someone rile you up. Petition someone if they harass you with KSing, and/or leave and find a new place before you grow emotional over merbs. This is unhealthy.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Commas are hard for you aren't they. So I shall further further break it down.

No, (answering back you are wrong with a simple word) that area is one camp,(comma pause for inflection for the next part) back in True( further inflection on true) classic. Yea( broken English to make you feel a bit better for telling you something you didn't want to hear) it was(hence the past tense here Was ) one room ... ( 3 dots means he was sipping his coffee scratching his head while finishing off his statement and dealing the final blow ) but not on p99.

Now a normal person who can grasp this would be like oh well shit but you sir cried out looking for someone to agree with your twist on it.

GL out there.
Thank Tunare you're here, Tupakk. I couldn't understand anything Cylock said because the syntax was so horrible. See, I read it like this:

Quote:
You told Cylock, 'a player pulled up some info saying Rogean deemed each room here a camp
the info
Quote:
but i couldn't find this on the forums when i searched.. it that truly the case?'
the question

Rephrased: Is it the case that each room here is a separate camp?

Quote:
Cylock tells you, 'no,
Translation: "No, it is not the case that each room is a separate camp."

Quote:
that entire area is one camp, back in TRUE classic.
Translation: "That entire area is one camp," INAPPROPRIATE COMMA SHOULD BE A FULL STOP

Translation: "back in TRUE classic." INAPPROPRIATE FULL STOP SHOULD BE A COMMA

Quote:
Yea it was one room ... but not on p99'"
Translation: "It was formerly one room [per camp], but not on p99" (the word room was used rather than area)

Conclusion: On p99, the entire area is one camp. In classic live era, it used to be several camps, divided by room.

If I corrected Cylock's punctuation, it would look like this:

Cylock tells you, 'no, that entire area is one camp. Back in TRUE classic, yea it was one room ... but not on p99'"

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Last edited by Sorn; 08-13-2017 at 12:27 PM..
Old 08-13-2017, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I couldn't understand anything Cylock said because the syntax was so horrible.
He's an ogre he can't help it.
Closed Thread