Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 01:32 AM
Fire Giant

Default Why did pet dmg get nerfed?

I have a 56 necro, and my mnk pet used to flying kick for 120-156dmg, now he does max 69... why is this? after we have already been nerfed on kiting with dots, snare root?

I dont recall seeing this in the patch notes, at all.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:46 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFriend99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a 56 necro, and my mnk pet used to flying kick for 120-156dmg, now he does max 69... why is this? after we have already been nerfed on kiting with dots, snare root?

I dont recall seeing this in the patch notes, at all.
Re-read the patch notes, you'll see that the nerf was to flying kick for NPCs your pet unfortunately got hit with the bat cause he choose to roll a monk~

"Kanras: More accurate NPC backstab and flying kick damage ranges."

Hope this helps~
Old 08-14-2011, 01:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnOme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Re-read the patch notes, you'll see that the nerf was to flying kick(monks) your pet unfortunately got hit with the bat cause he choose to roll a monk~

"Kanras: More accurate NPC backstab and flying kick damage ranges."

Hope this helps~
Yeah, i see it now. Still awesome so now the mobs take twice as long to be killed. I wonder why i bother.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFriend99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, i see it now. Still awesome so now the mobs take twice as long to be killed. I wonder why i bother.
The key word in that quote there was ACCURATE. The devs are doing this because it's how it was on live. If you "wonder why you bother" playing classic EverQuest, maybe you'd be better off just leaving instead of getting all offended that the devs are working on making the server accurate to how it was back then.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The key word in that quote there was ACCURATE. The devs are doing this because it's how it was on live. If you "wonder why you bother" playing classic EverQuest, maybe you'd be better off just leaving instead of getting all offended that the devs are working on making the server accurate to how it was back then.
Well said. And besides...necs really dont have much to complain about. Very powerful and versatile class, efficient and easy to solo, hard to die, etc etc.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Fire Giant

Magicians and Necromancers are monsters in the solo department, that's why. If you're relying solely on your pet's damage to kill mobs then you're doing it wrong. Just throwing up a set of 3 dots will chunk down a mob's HP% faster than some full groups. Why? Because you can dot multiple mobs at once. Aside from new spells, Kunark was not a caster-friendly expansion. Wait until Velious when you have all the room in the world to aggro kite Dragons.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To this dude, im not popping off w attitude about dev's i played on live. And i honestly IIRC w/e recall reduced dot dmg and snare not stacking with root only being live for 1 week, its been live here for 2+ months.

So how accurate are we following live, or are we making it how we see fit?
Old 08-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
To this dude, im not popping off w attitude about dev's i played on live. And i honestly IIRC w/e recall reduced dot dmg and snare not stacking with root only being live for 1 week, its been live here for 2+ months.

You think it was only that way on live for one week? Find evidence and submit a bug report. Otherwise stop hatching conspiracy theories and bitching.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:

I could be mistaken, but they are following the ORDER of live patches, not necessarily the speed of live patches. Whereas on live it may have taken a month between patch 20 and patch 21, it may take us 3 months between patch 20 and patch 21. That's the difference between a paid team of developers and a team of developers working for free in their spare time.

But, that aside, I'm slightly confused with the necro complaints I've read lately. I've only been on this server for a week or so now, and I don't play a necro, but I used to play a necro back in live Kunark/Velious era. Does fear kiting not work on this server? I don't think I've seen it mentioned. Is everybody just doing it wrong? Back on live, fear kiting was... well, everything. Pets were icing on the cake, however much damage they did, but fear kiting was the mechanic that allowed necros to be the kings of soloing. Not their pets. Mage pets typically outclassed necro pets anyway. But they had to, as they couldn't fear kite. So their pets had to be able to take the beating. Necro pets shouldn't even take hits.

Of course now I'm just rambling. A DPS nerf always sucks, but it's hardly a big deal in this situation. You'll kill slightly slower, but it'll still be just as easy.
Last edited by andvarion; 08-15-2011 at 02:57 AM..
Old 08-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Bye
Closed Thread