Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main thing that makes me want to play Everquest PvP is stories like Nath and Jeir and Blart. Unfortunately, they existed on RZ, where the majority of the population were anti-PKs like <Peace of Formosa> that didn't really seek out pvp and didn't even gear for pvp. According to these stories, only dedicated PKs would focus on magic resistance gear. Everyone else was susceptible to root and blind. These days, people that don't really love PvP just play on a blue server (me too, currently) and those that want to be PKs play on a red server...and they stack magic resistance, and they like to PK, and so on.

Therefore, there is no longer an environment like the one Nath/Jeir/Blart were in. I guess the experiences they had are impossible these days. I'm not going to be the littlest wolf trying to prey on the sheep...I'm going to be a noob against 20-year EQ pvp vets. I had fun on Red99, though. I'd give it another go on a fresh server.
Peace of Formosa/Peacebreakers was very much a PVP guild.

Only people truly good at PVP risked their gear fighting. Which is why the devs who won't implement things they can't personally handle/don't want to play don't do it here and on other servers.

As far as Jeir/Blart, I haven't checked all their stories but don't see them taking down any big names. The best take away is that pets and NPCs should be nigh immune to CC with resist buffs as NPCs typically had lower stats numerically and buffs would provide a greater effect on them.

Most ppl here would be bagged and wearing no drop.

But who cares about a classic experience?
Last edited by Nirgon; 07-30-2019 at 02:16 PM..
Old 07-30-2019, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as Jeir/Blart, I haven't checked all their stories but don't see them taking down any big names. The best take away is that pets and NPCs should be nigh immune to CC with resist buffs as NPCs typically had lower stats numerically and buffs would provide a greater effect on them.
If that's your takeaway from the story, then you have no soul or understanding of what really makes open world PvP exciting. It's not about stupid superficial YT's or robotic data. (well, maybe ur a robot)
Last edited by Zuranthium; 07-30-2019 at 05:41 PM..
Old 07-30-2019, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only people truly good at PVP risked their gear fighting. Which is why the devs who won't implement things they can't personally handle/don't want to play don't do it here and on other servers.

As far as Jeir/Blart, I haven't checked all their stories but don't see them taking down any big names.
Most ppl here would be bagged and wearing no drop.
I was always so scared to lose any gear, I would bag and die and the antis would come back and giv me droppables when I was looting lol... My exp was antis always pkd... All my droppables came from pvp... I wasn't max level and cutting the edge I just played the game and loved it aka blown away.... Stuff like even pumices was beyond me back then I def used some cloudy pots tho.... here I Was disillusioned by the rz level ruleset with no item loot , had no reason to level past 20 deleveled from 25/24.... I like a nirgon post tho seems like he down the same lane... Lot more to say and sense to make but don't matter (sip)

Shout out to the backwards man who was outvoted...
Last edited by entruil; 07-30-2019 at 09:54 PM..
Closed Thread