Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was part of a mayong mistmoore GM event on the innoruuk server when I first started playing. Don't remember the model he used though. Was a character controlled by the GM running the event.
GM events just used a dark elf for mayong - but I'm pretty sure that ugly ass maestro model was the original mayong from before they pulled him

The rumor was that there were too many problems with him training to the zone and stuff like that
Old 07-15-2015, 03:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarukShmaruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GM events just used a dark elf for mayong - but I'm pretty sure that ugly ass maestro model was the original mayong from before they pulled him

The rumor was that there were too many problems with him training to the zone and stuff like that
I remember people training the castle by pulling the gargoyles in the lake courtyard, so I believe it.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:00 PM
Kobold

I enjoy watching random mobs run through 3 walls, whack my cleric, then run through another few walls, and then train the zone on us. Favorite zone EVAR!
Old 07-15-2015, 04:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarukShmaruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was right up there with some of the other myths and theories

Remember the Megaladon that was supposedly in Lake Rathe in alpha/beta and then removed due to issues?

Also, my personal favorite - Mayong Mistmoore was originally in game and the model was that of the Maestro of Rancor.

I actually believe that latter part - there's no way they made a custom model for some mini boss in Hate.
On the Megaladon:
https://web.archive.org/web/20010702...how&BID=131860
Old 07-15-2015, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

A good point Ele. I guess I was just trying to show that the monk class can: Solo, Tank, PL, Completely lose agro to control hate and can Feign Death(probably one of the most useful abilities in the game). They WAY out damaged Rogues in classic and probably still do most of the time. No nerf bat completely destroyed any of these abilities yet Wizards were mercilessly beaten...
Last edited by Icecometus; 07-15-2015 at 05:06 PM..
Old 07-17-2015, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecometus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A good point Ele. I guess I was just trying to show that the monk class can: Solo, Tank, PL, Completely lose agro to control hate and can Feign Death(probably one of the most useful abilities in the game). They WAY out damaged Rogues in classic and probably still do most of the time. No nerf bat completely destroyed any of these abilities yet Wizards were mercilessly beaten...
It's because Wiz's showed it could be done first, so they got slapped. When the rest came along, it was like, "too much work to do that again". The same happens with kids, the first kid get a stern upbring, but the third, the parents are like, whatever...
Old 07-17-2015, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Megaladon was definitely never in live and all the stories claiming he was were just bullshit
Old 07-17-2015, 02:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The Al Kabor line back in the day had some good uses that no one dreamed of. A few wizards rolling Al kabors and Thunderclap could keep certain raid mobs from casting CH. I know that I was laughed at when I was telling people this until I brought my wizard into PoG to demonstrate it. No one laughed after that.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It was right up there with some of the other myths and theories

Remember the Megaladon that was supposedly in Lake Rathe in alpha/beta and then removed due to issues?

Also, my personal favorite - Mayong Mistmoore was originally in game and the model was that of the Maestro of Rancor.

I actually believe that latter part - there's no way they made a custom model for some mini boss in Hate.
Megaladon was actually in game during beta. I can't confirm if it was on live or not. **Some times** the rumors are actually true.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if he said hehe one more time, i swear i was going to lose it
Closed Thread