Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wipe it clean.

Rogean (rightfully) doesnt want to deal with DDOS attacks and nerd rage griefing.

100% wipe though.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's bad when you have to sacrifice classic because of player behavior.
Newish (less than 1 month on P99) player here, I just started looking for the AC in Sro.

What exactly is the etiquette here? I'm very familiar with how to spawn the AC, and the placeholder cycle.

Does this basically mean I can sit in the zone cycling placeholders for hours only to have someone pop in and kill the AC out from under me?

Since I'm a monk and don't have Jboots and can't really afford to burn SoW potions all the time, it's a very real possibility that I wouldn't be able to run and tag the AC the instant he spawns. Am I better off just waiting and trying for it in OOT?
Old 09-22-2015, 07:25 PM
Banned

Ac sro will spawn even if you arent killing PH's. He overwrites the current spawn *if* he is going to spawn that night.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

OOT AC is a camp, SRO AC is FTE.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 09-22-2015, 07:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ac sro will spawn even if you arent killing PH's. He overwrites the current spawn *if* he is going to spawn that night.
So you're saying I'm wasting my time clearing placeholders, I should just look for him every time night rolls around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OOT AC is a camp, SRO AC is FTE.
Thanks, that's good to know.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:04 PM
Banned

Yes, you have been wasting your time. It is why I get a laugh when people complain about this like clearing the PH's entitles them to the spawn. Happens a lot in Sro.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, you have been wasting your time. It is why I get a laugh when people complain about this like clearing the PH's entitles them to the spawn. Happens a lot in Sro.
So was this changed specifically for P99? Because that's not how his spawn worked on live.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:14 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroglyphix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So was this changed specifically for P99? Because that's not how his spawn worked on live.
AC in Sro is different here than on live. AC is a completely independent spawn. Makes no difference what anybody kills. If AC is going to spawn he will spawn regardless of what has or hasn't been killed at the predetermined time. Ignore the wiki it is outdated and wrong.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:13 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the clarification and dropping of knowledge bombs, you guys have saved me a lot of unnecessary work. Cheers =)
Old 09-23-2015, 05:09 AM
Sarnak

While we are on the subject, Lodi should not be on the same script as Stormfeather and after camping him for 3 weeks it is clear he IS on the same script. Lodi should be a 12 hour respawn with some variance.
Closed Thread