Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Noob alert. The reason it takes so long is because at level 3 you're killing level 1 mobs, which are a third of your level. This is normal; compare this to level 35 (your level now) where you could never gain experience from something 1/3 of your level. If people can't figure this out then what hope is there for them at higher levels?
WE MUST HAVE HOPE OR THE SERVER WILL FALL
Old 12-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Noob alert. The reason it takes so long is because at level 3 you're killing level 1 mobs, which are a third of your level. This is normal; compare this to level 35 (your level now) where you could never gain experience from something 1/3 of your level. If people can't figure this out then what hope is there for them at higher levels?
Noob alert, the reason it takes so long is because you miss 80% of the time and your spells do jack * shit.

I would love to see an xp bonus for players level 1-10, if not all the way to 30. Perhaps 50% from 1-10, then a 25% bonus from 11-30.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, im sure your math will make people who find the grind boring go:

"Oh shit, i didnt get how the math on xp worked, suddenly, this isnt boring anymore!"
Um, their problem is that they are attacking level 1 mobs at level 4 instead of attacking level 4 mobs at level 4, and asking why the exp is not going faster. I can't think of any other level in this game where you get *any* exp for killing a mob a quarter of your level. This game wasn't made for people who can't do basic math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane
Noob alert, the reason it takes so long is because you miss 80% of the time and your spells do jack * shit.
Well now this is just factually untrue. I missed way less than that and my spells were quite effective. Sir I believe you are mistaken.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 12-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Sarnak

I love the suggestions Searyx, especially the increase the xp modifier for 1-25 and then redistribute it over the next 25 levels, but that might by difficult to code in (the latter part at least). I do agree that 1-20 is just completely too brutal and any new player or player who hasn't played eq in a while would immediately be turned off and go back to whatever else they were playing. I would have definitely quit had I not had a good guild to level up with early on for sure. I can't imagine how brutal it is without a guild. A lot of my lower lvl friends are begging me to power level them because they have been LFG for 4 hours with no luck, and very few if any new players will not have a guild or a lot of friends to play with.

When they had the 50% bonus xp modifier turned on at launch, i honestly thought that was the perfect exp rate. It was not too fast at all by any means, yet I didn't want to stab myself in the eyes after watching my xp bar after every kill.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Banned

Honestly the exp rate makes me want to kill myself. I swear I'm starting to feel depressed by the amount of time I've invested into this shit and I'm only lvl 42 - it's crazyness and will most likely be my last classic exp rate server.

I can completely understand why people wouldn't come anywhere near this, and it's crazy that I am not even in the hardcore playtime crowd like some people are. 16-20 hours a day and shit.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

The XP rate is pretty bad yes........ but if you completely switch it now - it's a slap in the face to everyone thats been putting in the work.

Simple solution is adding in those "XP BONUS" days like there was the first week on launch.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Banned

XP weekends announced in advance I think I can see being good or for certain level ranges on weekends, preferably lower ones.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love the suggestions Searyx, especially the increase the xp modifier for 1-25 and then redistribute it over the next 25 levels, but that might by difficult to code in (the latter part at least). I do agree that 1-20 is just completely too brutal and any new player or player who hasn't played eq in a while would immediately be turned off and go back to whatever else they were playing. I would have definitely quit had I not had a good guild to level up with early on for sure. I can't imagine how brutal it is without a guild. A lot of my lower lvl friends are begging me to power level them because they have been LFG for 4 hours with no luck, and very few if any new players will not have a guild or a lot of friends to play with.

When they had the 50% bonus xp modifier turned on at launch, i honestly thought that was the perfect exp rate. It was not too fast at all by any means, yet I didn't want to stab myself in the eyes after watching my xp bar after every kill.
Will suck for everyone thats gotten past that tho and then need even more exp to gt 50.
-Founding member of <The Army of Grobb> @ Tallon Zek
-Race traitor and gimp warrior of <Pandemonium> @ Tallon Zek
Old 12-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daefuin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be down for a SZ style 20% or so exp boost. I think it's enough to hrlp boost thr population without being detrimental to the server.

What say you
glad to see ur finally coming around to what most people have been saying from the start, but until now uve been raging hard against: its ok to fix things that are broken even though its not "classic".
Old 12-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodSZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
glad to see ur finally coming around to what most people have been saying from the start, but until now uve been raging hard against: its ok to fix things that are broken even though its not "classic".
Only things I'm raging against are people trolling the forums about exploits, wipes, and lulz that lower the population - most of which are non-existant or insignificant.

I'm for:

-A higher exp rate either through SZ style bonus or bonus days. I would prefer a flat bonus though because it encourages daily playing as opposed to people only logging in on days that have bonuses.
-No mana on PvP death respawn
-Increased exp loss on PvP death to 75-100% of a PvE death.
-a completely self-governing environment where GM/Guides only become involved in server based issues, bug fixes, hack prevention, etc
-the removal of ice comet, blue crystal staff, and other non-classic era items
-whirl til you hurl to be gone or fixed

Daefuin 2012
Closed Thread