Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 07:52 AM
Planar Protector

Silent's numbers are off compared to my experience.

I've never seen a 60 monk averaging 70 DPS on level 51+ mobs. Maybe in VP gear with avatar and dance of the blade and visions of grandeur. Maybe. 110+ is disc or RIDICULOUS luck.

Rogues are not "always 100dps+" on anything, especially if they aren't backstabbing.

I can't specifically comment on monks, since my only monk was only about 50 and that was quite a while ago, but a 60 rogue with max str, full haste, epic but no VP gear, no avatar/dance of the blade? That's probably AVERAGE of 80 DPS on xp mobs. Yep, just checked an old hate log - 80 dps over the course of the night probably with SoS/VoG all the time, but no avatar/dance/wolfform. I seem to recall my 50/51 monk (tstaff and CoF) being only 30-40 solo... so yeah, probably around 50 with buffs.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 04-16-2013 at 07:57 AM..
Old 04-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Sarnak

My favorite way to parse is on Jugs. then u have someone pull them to u. Next step is to keep the same buffs consistent (no buffs easiest). NO FLYING KICKS, only strike from the back! very nice parse if u follow those simple stepps

Its all about consistency!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Banned

That is just what I have observed Tecmos, Those DPS were not taken from short fights where one can burst their dps up over a few seconds before a mobs dead. This was scaled over hundred of kills in disco seb. I will re-do some parsing now that I am higher level, Will be difficult to parse those same rogues again and know what buffs they have unless im grouped with them. As far as your 51 tstaff monk/cof that sounds about right, I played with 2 seperate tstaff monks one 51 and another 53 and they averaged around the same in solb efreeti area. Though one had RBB and other basoon for haste. I'll see if I can get some logs up in the future for all to see.

edit - Just looking back at a couple boss mobs, ragefire, trakanon, talendor I see one rogue whos not even 57+ pulling 79 dps scaled 72 dps on ragefire alone(lvl 53 mob iirc?) Lasting about 182 seconds entire fight. I sat at 39dps, iirc I took 2 fears though due to bard song not hitting me. He has just over twice my damage done to ragefire and 79 hits(me) vs 251 hits of his while i was using an IFS.
Last edited by Silent; 04-19-2013 at 06:40 PM..
Old 04-19-2013, 11:14 PM
Sarnak

accurate parses are not simple. but you can make it simple.

Juggs
`DONT PULL
`Hit from the BACK
`no buffs (epic click accpetable)
```NO FLYING KICKS```

kill like 20 jugs for each weapon. Flying kicks will fuck ur parse up!
Old 04-20-2013, 04:15 AM
Banned

Easier said then done, Guessing your on blue? Not so easy on red, Especially just to test dps.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easier said then done, Guessing your on blue? Not so easy on red, Especially just to test dps.
im extremely blue. if u need help i can do it again i lost my records / piece of coffee stained paper.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloroform [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im extremely blue. if u need help i can do it again i lost my records / piece of coffee stained paper.
Knowing you its smoke stained paper huehue
Closed Thread