Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

Really depends on class. I was able to cleric on an eeepc with a 10" screen or w/e it had. Great battery life too! All I needed was F keys to target group members and alt + # to cast heals. Tab target to root adds and you're golden.

-Mcoy
Old 08-31-2019, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Lol surface pro costs about the same as a mid to high mid tier gaming pc rofl
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 08-31-2019, 02:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol surface pro costs about the same as a mid to high mid tier gaming pc rofl
Yeah. I could literally buy a decent laptop for a grand. It's for eq. I might go even cheaper. I play very old games. Baldurs gate and other infinity engine games and eq. I think laptops these can handle that
Old 08-31-2019, 03:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenpromise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. I could literally buy a decent laptop for a grand. It's for eq. I might go even cheaper. I play very old games. Baldurs gate and other infinity engine games and eq. I think laptops these can handle that
I recommended the Dell Ryzen 5 13.3'' 2 in 1 laptop since it's affordable, powerful, and compact. It also has upgradeable RAM, so you can get 16 GB of Dual Channel crackin' which the Vega 8 iGPU part benefits from.

You can save half your money and be set for all your old games & EQ.

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>
Last edited by Lurgort/Sseri; 08-31-2019 at 03:13 AM..
Old 09-04-2019, 12:49 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, your first choice won't even run the game.

Your best bet for running EQ on a tablet:

1) Make sure the tablet runs x86, and *not* ARM architecture. If you buy a tablet that is ARM-based, you cannot run EQ on it. Ever. The architecture of the processor is the only reason why EQ hasn't been ported to work on phones and such.

2) Make sure the machine is capable of running Windows XP or higher with a dedicated graphics card (WITH drivers installed) with at least 256MB of ram. Anything with a Nvidia, AMD, or high-end Intel Integrated card would work.

3) Make sure that your tablet has a keyboard or supports a keyboard and mouse and has at least 1 USB port, or at least has bluetooth support. Contrary to popular belief you can't play EQ with a touchscreen.

4) Avoid Android, Chromebooks and other such garbage as they won't run the Windows master race.

5) Just use Shadow and skip all of the above.
http://shadow.tech

You got a referral code?
Old 09-04-2019, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've gotten EQ to run on Linux and Mac OS, even saw a video of someone (years ago) running it on a Nokia or Blackberry phone. SInce the Samsung Tab 4 is a Qualcomm CPU with ARM architecture and runs Android OS maybe it can be done but I don't know what Android OS developing would allow.
Cause I was bored here is the video of EQ running on a Motorola Droid (thought it was Nokia, my bad):

https://youtu.be/zrAr9S--rsk
Old 09-04-2019, 02:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurgort/Sseri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recommended the Dell Ryzen 5 13.3'' 2 in 1 laptop since it's affordable, powerful, and compact. It also has upgradeable RAM, so you can get 16 GB of Dual Channel crackin' which the Vega 8 iGPU part benefits from.

You can save half your money and be set for all your old games & EQ.
This sounds like what I am going to go with
Closed Thread