Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
It's hard to accomplish anything when you don't play as much as you can, and if you have friends that play hardcore (like I did) then you are always worried about them out-leveling you.
hey zerik, you can play eq and still have a life. don't let it dictate your life bro
Old 10-23-2009, 07:40 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My financee defintely scowled at me, ready to attack. I was coming right home from work and playing from 5pm till 2-3am and getting up for work again at 5:30am. Rinse, repeat! As you can imagine, my performance in work went down as well. It was really bad.

My level 22 Cleric died last Wednesday.....my fiancee was SCREAMING at me and I ran into a camp of goblins in Dagnor's Cauldron and died in the entrance to Unrest. I was frikkin close to the zone line too.

I lost a level and all........

I /ragequitted.........quit my guild and everything. (by the way, sorry guys)

I said to myself, I have to stop playing.......I don't think I can do this in moderation.

Well, my financee and I reconciled and I got a laptop so I can sit on the couch with her and play. I still stayed away all of last weekend in fear that the crack would grab me again. There's a lot of pressure in this game to log on as much as possible. It's hard to accomplish anything when you don't play as much as you can, and if you have friends that play hardcore (like I did) then you are always worried about them out-leveling you.

After careful consideration, I talked with her and she said I should start playing again, but only sometimes. I logged on last night, and much to my horror, the corpse for my level 22 Cleric had rotted. I immediately camped, and deleted the character.

I have been thinking about logging on all night, and starting another character. To tell ya the truth, I really didn't wanna start a Cleric anyway. I only started one because if the population was low here, as a Cleric, I would have had an easier time getting a group. After seeing the incredible population on this server, I guess it really doesn't matter what I start, but I am not sure I wanna start all over again.

Anyway, that's my story. I guess you could say that last week my fiancee faction was scowls at you, ready to attack, and the woman killed me for good! Well, at least the Cleric anyway.
Let me know if you want your char restored and corpse resummoned.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Kobold

I'd say Im at dubious atm... My GF has absolutely no interest in playing computer games, and every time I log on while she's there, I have to remind her, that EQ does not have a pause button. I've tried to explain her the hugely complex social aspects of the game and that me playing with a friend and talking over Skype is at least roughly equivalent to her chatting with a friend over tea on the couch. Somehow I am not getting through. What is really bothering me is, that while she as a student has loads of spare time, I only have nights off as I work full-time, and she insists that I spend my spare time with her...

a_disgruntled_girlfriend_01 glowers at you dubiously, what would you like your tombstone to say?

/who all girlfriend
" there are no players online by that name "...

Please help me, Dr Phil... :-)
Old 10-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me know if you want your char restored and corpse resummoned.
Please!!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

*the withdrawl of crack starts to run through Zerik's veins again."
Last edited by Deathrydar; 10-23-2009 at 09:40 AM..
Old 10-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Large Rat

lol girlfriend faction.i got lucky on this one when i met my now wife 6 years ago i didn't tell her i played eq or any mmo's think linage 2 was just out or in beta around that time so was playing it to, Anyway i hid it for along time then one day i was at her house about to get a little, and was snooping around. I found a Eq guide book under her bed. She was a freaking eq guide lol. we still play alot of game's she even love's playing xbox, watch's me even when i play football game's on the xbox.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

I quit EQ the first time because my raiding was getting in the way of RL. She threatened to divorce or quit EQ.

Now she sees me playing again. I would have to say i am at the threatening con atm. But if she gets into Nursing school my faction will improve some (since i am paying for it)=P
Old 10-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Aviak

Flower shop? Uber long stem roses?

This girl wants a better graphics card! Of course, I gotta get a boyfriend first.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Skeleton

Send a message via MSN to valdi313

My wife tolerates me playing games, because I always stay up later than she does, and I play while she sleeps. I only need around 4-5 hours of sleep a night, and that gives me usually from 10pm-2:30am to play, which is a ton of time.
But, the one thing my wife LOVES about this game....it's free [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I limit myself to one MMO at a time, and I recently bought a PS3, so while I pay that off, I told the wife I wouldn't pay for any online games.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Kobold

GF faction... /sigh

They just don't get it. They have their hobbies but don't notice you're game is you're hobbie.

I have one day a week that I escape my G/F, that's right boys.

Thursday is man night, my brother has a basement several of us all escape too thursday nights, all night normally, we drink, we shoot pool, most importantly we game.

If you see Valius on any other time, I'm at work in danger of losing my job, including now! HAHAHA.

LONG LIVE EQ.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Aviak

Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

*the withdrawl of crack starts to run through Zerik's veins again."

i laughed real loud at work at this comment.... and got alot of stares at work... /sigh LOL
Closed Thread