Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 08:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The one poster in here that I was arguing with had a program with a UI on a extra computer displaying accurately but janky in real time.
Hey! That was me. I like to think we were having a discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't do egg timers for buff durations or spawn times.
Looks like it was capable of doing timers.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:47 PM
Orc

I don’t know who said what, I’m just responding to the general sentiment that people didn’t do log parsing in classic, when they did. As for UI stuff, I don’t really remember because it all blurs together. There were definitely UI and DPS overlays but without getting ahold of or installing one of these softwares with a version from back then, I couldn’t say if it was classic or not.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like it was capable of doing timers.
I stand corrected.

Quote:
Timers are exactly what you would expect them to be. They wait a certain amount of time and then do something (generally they will just play a sound). Once it's time is up and the action has been completed, the timer poofs into thin air and no longer exists (If you used EQWatcher 1.76, you may have gotten used to timers that were permanent, and were attached to triggers. It is still possible to make these triggered timers, as explained in the conversion section of installation.)

I have attempted to make timers simple enough in EQWatcher Evolution that they can be used to easily time your food you have warming up in the microwave as you slave away at the game, without having to put too much thought into setting up the timer. So, go make pop that pizza in the oven and set up your EQWatcher Evolution timer to warn you so you don't pull 4 too many mobs for your group's enchanter just as your pizza is about to be done. No burnt food here please.

Seriously now, on to the guts.

EQWatcher Evolution timers have the following characteristics, in no particular order: Name, Time, Action Type, Action Data. Timers can be set to play a wav, a CD track, an mp3, speak some text, or execute an alias.
Edit: Was there an Eqwatcher and later an EQwatcher evolution that added more features? I will have to check into this.
Last edited by Mblake81; 10-19-2019 at 08:52 PM..
Old 10-19-2019, 08:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixteenmiles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t know who said what, I’m just responding to the general sentiment that people didn’t do log parsing in classic, when they did. As for UI stuff, I don’t really remember because it all blurs together. There were definitely UI and DPS overlays but without getting ahold of or installing one of these softwares with a version from back then, I couldn’t say if it was classic or not.
How did the overlays work when EQ could not be windowed, was there some kind of bypass?

Gamparse and GINA require the use of windowed EQ even on P99.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixteenmiles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t know who said what, I’m just responding to the general sentiment that people didn’t do log parsing in classic
Literally no one is saying this.

Log parsing = classic
Real-time log reading = arguably classic
Real-time log reading with output to UI overlay = not remotely classic
Old 10-19-2019, 08:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally no one is saying this.

Log parsing = classic
Real-time log reading = arguably classic
Real-time log reading with output to UI overlay = not remotely classic
Take out the work overlay and it's exactly what I was doing in 1999.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take out the work overlay and it's exactly what I was doing in 1999.
Wait, didn't you say you were using a UI on a second computer?

err, why did you require a second computer when Eqwatcher can run on the same computer EQ does?
Old 10-19-2019, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Wait, didn't you say you were using a UI on a second computer?
Yep, that's why you need to take out the word overlay. The UI wasn't overlayed on top of Everquest.

Quote:
err, why did you require a second computer when Eqwatcher can run on the same computer EQ does?
Maybe they were smarter than I was.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yep, that's why you need to take out the word overlay. The UI wasn't overlayed on top of Everquest.
I will admit I am confused.

You did use an overlay but it was on the second computer right or do I have that backwards?

Edit: It wouldn't be an overlay just a display screen. It wouldn't be overlaying on anything. Correction on my part.
Last edited by Mblake81; 10-19-2019 at 09:04 PM..
Old 10-19-2019, 09:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I will admit I am confused.

You did use an overlay but it was on the second computer right or do I have that backwards?
I had a UI. A user interface. It was a java app that showed timers and stuff. It was on that second monitor, not "overlaid" on the everquest UI.

I think he's using the word "overlay" to mean data drawn on top of the everquest UI. That I didn't do.
Closed Thread