Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-03-2023, 05:14 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Awesome guys thank you all, I really do appreciate the info. I could probably pick a better class to run first for pp and drops for toons but I think I'm just gonna run with rng unledss something else tickles my fancy along the way. I enjoy the path less traveled anyway
Old 05-04-2023, 08:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theriac90 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I just joined P99 a few days ago and am enjoying the experience so far. My first character is a Wood Elf Ranger but I'm worried about end-game on a class that seems less than popular. I want to stick him out but I don't want to waste the time on a first character that will have a rough time grouping as he grows but also and just importantly in end-game content. I've read a million posts about how druid is the #1 first class to play, and I do have a druid as well but really just looking into insight on the RNG. Thanks
dont do it. play Wayfarers or TAKP if you want to Ranger. seriously. Anyone who tells you to "play what you think is fun" is playing a class that is actually fun AND USEFUL. or just doesnt want to roll against you in a raid lol
Old 05-04-2023, 11:06 AM
Sarnak

If I'm grouped with a ranger and I have an opportunity to join a grp without a ranger or start a new group without a ranger I will.
Old 05-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers are fine. This game is so incredibly easy you can basically make anything work.

You can literally just turn on auto attack at raids, buff people, and you'll get the same DKP as the playmakers so it doesn't matter.
you could literally stand there with autoattack off and get the same dkp as the playmakers

pras p99 raiding
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 05-04-2023, 10:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I'm grouped with a ranger and I have an opportunity to join a grp without a ranger or start a new group without a ranger I will.
Serves them right. I won't even acknowledge their existence. If I get SoW from one, I click it off and crawl to my destination. No dirty buffs for me.
Old 05-04-2023, 11:01 PM
Aviak

Between ranger and druid I'd choose druid for being so versatile and having the same spells much earlier. Whatever class you play has strategies to master to feel powerful. If you stick with ranger master tracking and use of your bow.
Old 05-06-2023, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

Rangers might be the most fun class in EQ. They dps ok to great depending on the target and gear. They don’t tank well but have a discipline that can save raids. They have a very powerful spell book and some of the trickiest utility spells in the game. They are the only melee that can snare, root, track, and sow themself (one of 3 classes with the spell).

I could go on and on. If you like the underdog pick and a chip on your shoulder is motivation to prove them wrong, there is no better choice.
Old 05-08-2023, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

If you enjoy being a special snowflake in that you are unique as one of the least played classes in p99 meta, go for it with the ranger. Just realize you are playing an underpowered class. Maybe not as underpowered as the frothing-at-the-mouth min-maxers would have you believe, but significantly underpowered nonetheless.

If you really know the game/class well it makes a large difference in my opinion, but the same could be said for the widely regarded (dare I utter the word consensus on these forums) S-tier classes, and the difference between what an average player and a top 1% can do with those classes is also night and day.
Old 05-09-2023, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry you have low dps rangers and your “real melee”s don’t have CoTP. Good luck on AoW without bumps.

Team Snowflake.