Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 07-21-2023, 08:14 AM
Aviak

Gratz on legs. Hope this helps.
Old 07-21-2023, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesnt take hours to find the placeholder and you dont need a max track ranger.. it helps but having a druid with a pet is more useful imo. Guilds farm multiple lev cloaks in one night.
That's gonna be a long, long raid night. Drop rate means lots of nights you will get one. Some nights, none.

I got two cloaks on blue. On my Sk and my enchanter.

I farmed the chanter one solo. Big balls baby. And, farming during off hours on a family holiday. Only way to roll.

Everyone needs a peggy cloak. Should be any self-respecting guild's leading requirement, imo.

You can't click levi cloak from inventory you do not know how to eq. You still need plactice.
Old 07-21-2023, 03:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's gonna be a long, long raid night. Drop rate means lots of nights you will get one. Some nights, none.

I got two cloaks on blue. On my Sk and my enchanter.

I farmed the chanter one solo. Big balls baby. And, farming during off hours on a family holiday. Only way to roll.

Everyone needs a peggy cloak. Should be any self-respecting guild's leading requirement, imo.

You can't click levi cloak from inventory you do not know how to eq. You still need plactice.
Enchanter I can understand, but why subject yourself to that for an SK? Just get the chardok earring and call it a day
Old 07-21-2023, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by druidbob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter I can understand, but why subject yourself to that for an SK? Just get the chardok earring and call it a day
Exactly. You have seen straight through to the crazy heart of all this stuff.

What's the term? Immersion. It's like lightning. It always gets me down. Because it's free and I'm me, lost and never found. Think some dwarf bard said that.
Old 07-21-2023, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quillmane is supposed to be rare and hard to get. People in 1999 were absolutely not selling "lev cloak loot rights" like happens here. And epics are supposed to be hard to get also. And also shamans can make lev potions for melee classes. I don't see a problem.
Yes except the problem is now you need a ranger because the tracking is even harder than before. And now the lootrights are 13-15k. Also this is a mage epic camp item, so its bottlenecked even more. Also its easier for people to "steal" your quillmane you are popping. It's awful and should be reverted.
Old 07-21-2023, 05:04 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes except the problem is now you need a ranger because the tracking is even harder than before. And now the lootrights are 13-15k. Also this is a mage epic camp item, so its bottlenecked even more. Also its easier for people to "steal" your quillmane you are popping. It's awful and should be reverted.
It went from 4k now 10k+ since the change. And because of FTE rules, if you are not sitting on top of QM when it spawns, good luck. I watched the video of the guy who created the spawns in SK. And yeah, QM was part of a handful of low level trash mobs spawn cycles. He went on to say that these spawns were supposed to be "oh look here is something different" and not meant to be farmed.

But people farm these things. It went against everything they intended the game to be. Then they went ahead and made it part of the mage epic. The dev team should have adjusted loot to be in line with how people were playing back then. I firmly believe the reason all of this stayed rare as hell was to make sure that people kept paying that $9.99 monthly fee. I think only Brad wanted shit to be this hard...the devs thought otherwise.
Old 07-21-2023, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Stealing a carefully spawned quillmane should handled at guild level though. No reason guilds can't agree members can't fucking KS a quillmane spawn.

You sit three people at the spawn points. Trackers and killers work the spawns. If anyone steals that kind of spawn, if the players can't get that player's reputation jacked, I feel sorry for ya'll.

Guild leaders and officers need to do some basics, ya know? Do they?
Old 07-21-2023, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I firmly believe the reason all of this stayed rare as hell was to make sure that people kept paying that $9.99 monthly fee. I think only Brad wanted shit to be this hard...the devs thought otherwise.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ev.../1100-2447175/

Quote:
EverQuest Drops Price
Looking to leap into the world of massively multiplayer gaming? 989 makes it a little easier.

By Micheal Mullen on April 27, 2000 at 6:42PM PDT Comments

989 Studios has announced that it has dropped the price of its retail version of EverQuest to US$39.99, just in time to add more gamers to its massively multiplayer online universe. After the free trial month, players will pay US$9.89 per month to access the game. Currently, the company has an active subscriber base of over 150,000 players and has hosted up to 40,000 players at one time.
Old 07-21-2023, 06:15 PM
Banned

I don't think quillmane (and the cloak drop specifically) being rare was some kind of money making scheme. You might as well just call the entire game a money making scheme if you're gonna be that cynical.

It's rare because a regeantless levitation cloak that every class can click whenever they want is a hugely powerful item to have. And yes it's for the mage epic, and epics are supposed to be *hard to get*. Not easy to get. Or they wouldn't be "epic" quests in the first place. Many epic quests have highly contested bottleneck items that's kind of the point.
Old 07-21-2023, 06:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think quillmane (and the cloak drop specifically) being rare was some kind of money making scheme. You might as well just call the entire game a money making scheme if you're gonna be that cynical.

It's rare because a regeantless levitation cloak that every class can click whenever they want is a hugely powerful item to have. And yes it's for the mage epic, and epics are supposed to be *hard to get*. Not easy to get. Or they wouldn't be "epic" quests in the first place. Many epic quests have highly contested bottleneck items that's kind of the point.
Unless you are a monk or rogue, where you are basically given your epic as soon as you hit 46.