Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-26-2023, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle
Default New Angry Goblin Agreement

Why doesn't this thing spawn with a flat timer. everyone there is already rolling for a low chance, what sick bastard is justifying 6 hr variance in 2023? This is why they don't make games like everquest anymore. We've already stated that we can tweak classic when it doesn't make sense as there are multiple examples of modification to classic things, why leave this in? Anyway I wont be back till this window is during work hours this is the stupidest thing in everquest for a quest mob.

Edit: this is my first time at angry goblin camp, which makes me the most qualified to speak to it. The degenerates that have been there for a year are going to have goblin brain rot influencing their opinion.
Last edited by Knuckle; 07-26-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Old 07-26-2023, 11:11 PM
Orc

Ya, there needs to be either an agreement or patch to alleviate the bottle neck. What's the point of wasting so much of people's time? Even once every 24 hours would be hard to get. Its damn near impossible the way it is.
Old 07-26-2023, 11:37 PM
Fire Giant

Or just make loremaster drop cords. Like he should.

keeper/master, whatever.
Old 07-27-2023, 04:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why doesn't this thing spawn with a flat timer. everyone there is already rolling for a low chance, what sick bastard is justifying 6 hr variance in 2023? This is why they don't make games like everquest anymore. We've already stated that we can tweak classic when it doesn't make sense as there are multiple examples of modification to classic things, why leave this in? Anyway I wont be back till this window is during work hours this is the stupidest thing in everquest for a quest mob.

Edit: this is my first time at angry goblin camp, which makes me the most qualified to speak to it. The degenerates that have been there for a year are going to have goblin brain rot influencing their opinion.
do like the rest of us and avoid this quest, lol
Old 07-27-2023, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

Velious was beat in Kunark gear you don't need to put yourself through any of this hope this helps.
Old 07-27-2023, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

It’s the principle of the thing!
Old 07-27-2023, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or just make loremaster drop cords. Like he should.

keeper/master, whatever.
He did early on when Chardok 2.0 first launched on blue, I assumed it was changed because its not in era?
Old 07-27-2023, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Yeah this camp blows, anything to make it slightly better plz.
Old 07-27-2023, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

the road to bis is paved in stale body odor and loneliness
Old 07-27-2023, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

Realistically, the agreement should be that everyone meets up at the start of the window and rolls. Whoever wins the roll gets to turn in to the goblin. If they fail to turn in to the goblin within 5 minutes of him spawning or lose to Skargus, he goes FFA. Whoever kills Skargus needs to announce the TOD in shout so people can afk pick up the next roll time or be in violation of the player agreement and lose their skargus head.

Most people would just do the roll and log off, the only person that has to sock the roll is the winner. Some people would stay to try and snipe in case the winner can't kill it for some reason, guaranteeing it doesn't just stay up. Everyone can stop wasting huge amounts of time for no reason at this camp.

I really doubt we'll get this or something like this though, its too hard to get people to agree to change anything.
Last edited by 7thGate; 07-27-2023 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: I'm dumb and forgot which goblin we're supposed to be killing and which one we're talking too. Still should work though.