Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-12-2023, 05:17 AM
Planar Protector

I mean if there are only 5 people there, and spawn point is fairly random then considering it is a 10% spawn rate you ‘only’ expect to show up for 50 9AMs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-14-2023, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

While this is probably geared towards bards, the point I am trying to make is that you have a mega guild bringing 4 people into the zone and spreading out to cover every spawn point. Why is the AC in Sro a FTE mob but the AC in OOT a list mob? Even though it is not an official list mob, all players generally accept this as a list mob and treat it accordingly. So you are saying that someone can go to OOT, bypass the players list and just kill AC at their own content?

When you have mains who can farm 70k tunics why bother people newer to the server from getting some minor item? Is it because guilds like kingdom require you to have jboots?
I find it HIGHLY ironic that you are upset about a guild bringing 4 people to monopolize a spawn point and yet in another thread you are upset that the Quillmane spawn mechanics were changed from what they used to be, which allowed for a guild to come in and bring 4 people and monopolize the spawn point.

Moving past that, hello! I play Aystar, a level 42 Ranger who is *gasp* tagged Kingdom. I have dabbled in Peggy cloaks and responded to some of your posts there, and will also try to field some of your questions here. First off, the SRo AC being not a list camp is a server rule implied by the FTE message that goes out for him. While I can't find a specific rule that says "AC is FTE only in Sro" I can say that no FTE goes out on the OOT one, and FTE is the rule for other non-raid encounters that give out an FTE message. Lodizal comes to mind as the closest example- everyone sits on the spawn point and spams /pet attack and hopes they get it. If anyone else here can find the exact written rule that Sro AC is FTE, that may help OP understand what's going on here.

Secondly, I can say with confidence that Kingdom as a guild does not care about the Sro AC outside of occasionally trying to make sure a cleric bot has Jboots. And those are usually donated. I've been in the guild since Kunark and never once has there been any discussion in guild chat about locking down Sro to get a bot Jboots. Our guild requirements actually include SoW potions (see https://kingdomdkp.com/index.php/Policy.html? under Ranking), not Jboots, and we do not RMT in any way.

Third, and this might be the most applicable point to your RnF post, I am not part of some elite squad of Kingdom folk who have calculated all possible spawn points of the AC and all log in at 8pm in-game time to lock them all down. I DO know when it's 8pm game time (Every hour and 12 minutes), and will usually try to log in and find a good open spot in the desert to race for AC. The reason for this? I work during the day and can't play a serious character, so popping in to try and snag a quick 5k is an efficient use of what little game time I have between work calls. Drakorian is a regular in Sro as well, and he came over from Nova just recently. He's also just doing it to sell Jboot MQ's in EC. I can also confirm several non-Kingdom peeps regularly win AC and come back to do it again. Brownwind is pretty good at it and has been bagging AC's for weeks.

So I hate to break the conspiracy theory, but I think what you observe as a guild-based monopoly on a spawn is actually several people racing for AC for their own individual benefit, which...to be perfectly honest, is classic. Kingdom is a large guild and contains many players, so it's reasonable to assume a fair number of players involved in the AC racing will have that tag. Also, the AC has way too many spawn points to "lock them all down". It really is a random FTE race. Sit in, put in some time, and I guarantee you'll learn the mechanics better and end up with Jboots sooner or later.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 08-14-2023, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

While this is probably geared towards bards, the point I am trying to make is that you have a mega guild bringing 4 people into the zone and spreading out to cover every spawn point. Why is the AC in Sro a FTE mob but the AC in OOT a list mob? Even though it is not an official list mob, all players generally accept this as a list mob and treat it accordingly. So you are saying that someone can go to OOT, bypass the players list and just kill AC at their own content?

When you have mains who can farm 70k tunics why bother people newer to the server from getting some minor item? Is it because guilds like kingdom require you to have jboots?
I’m sure you are trolling but the reason OOT is a list mob is because it’s a static mob. The mob table is dynamic for south ro, meaning the AC could spawn in any number of placeholder locations, and in fact, rarely spawns at all. There’s no single ph being killed over and over, you have to track it or sit at one of the possible ph during the appropriate game time.
Old 08-14-2023, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can Quillmane be camped?
Honestly this is a tough question. I think the server rules are ambiguous on this one, since there are so many potential spawn points. I will say this though- If I come into SK and just start rounding up what I think are potential placeholders, but somebody already had a lock on the actual placeholder, not only am I ruining their chances, I'm ruining my own.

It is faster for BOTH people involved if Quillmane is respected as a camp- person 1 can get a cloak before too long and even let person 2 know which mob is the actual placeholder, which saves person 2 ALL of the guesswork. But if you have 2 people competing and murdering the zone over and over, you get less Quillmanes per hour because your track list gets populated with a bunch of trash repops that confuse your methods.

So the TLDR here is Quillmane is NOT a camp, but it should be :P
Old 08-14-2023, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly this is a tough question. I think the server rules are ambiguous on this one, since there are so many potential spawn points. I will say this though- If I come into SK and just start rounding up what I think are potential placeholders, but somebody already had a lock on the actual placeholder, not only am I ruining their chances, I'm ruining my own.

It is faster for BOTH people involved if Quillmane is respected as a camp- person 1 can get a cloak before too long and even let person 2 know which mob is the actual placeholder, which saves person 2 ALL of the guesswork. But if you have 2 people competing and murdering the zone over and over, you get less Quillmanes per hour because your track list gets populated with a bunch of trash repops that confuse your methods.

So the TLDR here is Quillmane is NOT a camp, but it should be :P
Well the quillmane issue is entirely seperate. You can’t “spawn” the AC in Sro. But he has multiple potential spawn points. Quillmane previously had a clear cut way to force a spawn that couldn’t be “stolen”. The new quillmane is a clusterfuck mess that requires a ranger to solve during low playtimes or risk it’s theft.
Old 08-14-2023, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the quillmane issue is entirely seperate. You can’t “spawn” the AC in Sro. But he has multiple potential spawn points. Quillmane previously had a clear cut way to force a spawn that couldn’t be “stolen”. The new quillmane is a clusterfuck mess that requires a ranger to solve during low playtimes or risk it’s theft.
100% agree on you there. Camping it is a risky proposition for sure. It's a Prisoner's Dilemma basically.
Old 08-15-2023, 03:30 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m sure you are trolling but the reason OOT is a list mob is because it’s a static mob. The mob table is dynamic for south ro, meaning the AC could spawn in any number of placeholder locations, and in fact, rarely spawns at all. There’s no single ph being killed over and over, you have to track it or sit at one of the possible ph during the appropriate game time.
Were there ever official rules on live back in classic for things like this? I remember killing mobs like mitty for the gold ring etc regardless of anyone camping it and never getting into trouble aside from maybe someone just getting mad. I get why list is a thing but technically AC is not a list item anymore, but people still respect that spawn. Kinda goes for Quillmane too.

Even if AC in Sro is not a static spawn, you would think that it would be respected like Quillmane is in SK.
Old 08-15-2023, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Were there ever official rules on live back in classic for things like this? I remember killing mobs like mitty for the gold ring etc regardless of anyone camping it and never getting into trouble aside from maybe someone just getting mad. I get why list is a thing but technically AC is not a list item anymore, but people still respect that spawn. Kinda goes for Quillmane too.

Even if AC in Sro is not a static spawn, you would think that it would be respected like Quillmane is in SK.
What is there to respect about SRO AC? It could be in many different points in the zone and either pops or doesn't at 9PM. In OOT you have to actively kill a PH over and over until the named pops. In other words, you arent doing anything to pop the SRO AC. it either pops or it doesnt at 9PM gametime.
Old 08-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

S Ro being 10% chance of a treasure hunt / race every 9pm is a fun mechanic.

There is the sit and grind it out alternative in oot for people not interested in that.

Most items don’t give you two pathways for acquisition.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-15-2023, 06:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
S Ro being 10% chance of a treasure hunt / race every 9pm is a fun mechanic.

There is the sit and grind it out alternative in oot for people not interested in that.

Most items don’t give you two pathways for acquisition.
Exactly.txt

thank you jimjam