Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 05:46 PM
Large Rat

So do I need to reinstall everything? cause nothings working at all
Old 01-19-2020, 05:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsorenson72 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will still play as well, and I do appreciate all the hard work they do. It's just this doesn't make a lot of sense. They created Teal to relieve congestion. Now they have just moved congestion from 1-20 to 40-50. Kunark merge would have made more sense when player base would have had MUCH more room to spread out.
I do agree 100% and thought that the merge would happen during Kunark myself but there's a reason they've done this...im sure we will find out in time. cheers bro
Old 01-19-2020, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Perrygc you need to install the latest spell files, click on getting started on top left corner and scroll down a pinch.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrycg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So do I need to reinstall everything? cause nothings working at all
goto the home page and download the new version file and just extract it over like you did when you first installed, you will not have to reinstall the game.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsorenson72 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will still play as well, and I do appreciate all the hard work they do. It's just this doesn't make a lot of sense. They created Teal to relieve congestion. Now they have just moved congestion from 1-20 to 40-50. Kunark merge would have made more sense when player base would have had MUCH more room to spread out.
This is just wrong, there are a TON of people who aren't even 30 yet, much less 40. 40-50 will always be congested since you can't level beyond 50. They created teal because within the first few days nobody was higher than like lvl 15, and people were camping single static roaming mobs in outdoor zones. That is a much worse problem and it makes no sense to pretend *all* they did was move the congestion from one level range to another; there are way more relevant details to consider.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:50 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they made a second server because of how congested lvl 1-20 was on opening day of Green having people play that have never even played EQ before which is awesome! and also told us that there was going to be a eventual merge back to 1 server. and about the HG death that does suck bro, ive been there haha. maybe see if you can find a nice cleric? hope you dont log back in dead! and GL with leveling! Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Update Sunday November 3rd: Teal is Live!

It was also important to consider the affect such a population will have once the majority of players start reaching end game zones, of which there are a very limited amount, particularly in Classic. The fact is, even at concurrent numbers of 1500 to 2000, it is simply too many players for pre-Kunark. Considering all of this, it has become clear that a second server is necessary.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:51 PM
Large Bat

wasn't just for launch, they were concerned about end game content
Old 01-19-2020, 05:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

i not just delete teal play if we wish . i dont want him but i am full on gren does this mean i lose my nerco last roll . please dont
Old 01-19-2020, 05:54 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbolt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
Update Sunday November 3rd: Teal is Live!

It was also important to consider the affect such a population will have once the majority of players start reaching end game zones, of which there are a very limited amount, particularly in Classic. The fact is, even at concurrent numbers of 1500 to 2000, it is simply too many players for pre-Kunark. Considering all of this, it has become clear that a second server is necessary.
niiiiice.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:56 PM
Kobold

yes and also said they will merge once the populations die down, and they have by a lot compared to opening day. I do agree it will be congested for a pre-kunark but theres a reason they have made this decision so soon. we will find out im sure.