Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-02-2023, 07:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imo there's nothing wrong with picking a deity if you want to for RP reasons. If you see your character as a champion of good and honor, go with Mithaniel Marr. You get a lot of tools to get by manipulating whatever NPCs you need to as time goes on.

The only thing it will affect is some factions and how your illusions work. On my Tunare high elf enchanter, my dude was scowling to certain NPCs in Neriak despite dark elf illusion. And he will have to wait till 16 to do the stein of moggok quest due to Clurg being apprehensive as a dark elf. But that was totally okay knowing I was playing the flavor of character I wanted.

It is a shame that deities are seen as a trap choice for enchanter but I think many of them are pretty cool with the theme of the class.

An erudite Prexus enchanter could model themselves after one of the infamous sea creatures of legend, the Sirens.

A Brell enchanter makes sense too, given all the metals and gems that enchanters work with.

A Bertoxxulous human enchanter working for the Bloodsaber cult, charming and luring victims into the sewers to be turned into minions or sacrificed to the plague lord, how badass is that?

And so on...

Play to the flavor you want for your character, you can make up for the shortcomings later. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tbh I have a funny feeling I picked Mithaniel Marr originally because I may have read somewhere that there was some deity-specific item for High Elf Enchanters that worship Mithaniel Marr? I may have to google around and try work it out.

Annoying thing is, my other character can make Imbued Elven Chainmail - which would actually look badass on my HIE ENC - but for that I'd have to worship Tunare and who wants a high-AC tank enchanter anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-02-2023, 08:03 AM
Planar Protector

Enchanters need follow no gods - they are gods!

There is your agnostic justification.

Otherwise I agree with Tadkins - the spice the religions add to the character is worth the drawbacks.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-02-2023, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Otherwise I agree with Tadkins - the spice the religions add to the character is worth the drawbacks.
its really not tho
Old 01-03-2023, 10:34 AM
Fire Giant

Religion only adds some junk items and headaches to enchanters.
Old 01-03-2023, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2023, 05:11 AM
Planar Protector

Mith marr is a little dangerous of a pick for an enchanter, it carries heavy negatives in some places. Unfortunetly, with the enchanter class, every religion you have options to choose are generally a bad idea. You don't get any low-no modifier religions such as Bristlebane, Solusek Ro, or Veeshan.

However, for other classes, if minmaxing, you should always choose Veeshan and Solusek in that order when given the option, as you only get positive faction modifiers for those and no (veeshan) or extremely low (solusek) negatives.
Old 01-04-2023, 05:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In most cases, a deity won't even give you the junk items. Only Tunare really gets anything.

But some folks do genuinely care about their character flavor, and feeling like they belong in certain areas. It's not that hard to work around whatever faction issues you end up getting as an enchanter.
Old 01-04-2023, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not that hard to work around whatever faction issues you end up getting as an enchanter.
exactly - it adds a little to gameplay without being overly challenging (in the case of encs).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-04-2023, 08:45 AM
Fire Giant

Is a tunare enchanter in iksar form still non kos in cabilis? That are de form in third gate are the only ones that would really matter in terms of getting your snake.

Maybe ogguk to
Old 01-04-2023, 10:24 AM
Banned

Enchanters should worship RNG so Bristlebane