Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-04-2023, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

A non-agnostic enchanter is still gonna a top tier class to pick. It's still an enchanter and you can still get through many issues using charm and paci.

I'm there are a few more unfortunate faction picks than others but really, if you want to pick a deity, do it.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd argue some neutral races like gnomes, humans, erudites will be pretty okay worshiping fairly neutral gods if they want to....orr even evil gods. People go on and on about the nice faction benefits of Innoruuk worshiping human clerics or Berty worshiping gnome necros for example [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PS Faction matters most in Velious and all this faction talk in this thread is about old world....enchanters get invis super early and also their +Faction spells pretty early too. Worshiping a deity is most precarious if you mix it with being an evil race dark elf or "Good" race High elf. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PPS Erudite gives you permanent +5? MR, Gnome is perma wall-look hacks without casting a spell and are cute to many players, gnome Bertoxxulous worshiper seems to perfectly mesh well w the campaigns of carnage and death most P99 enchanters seem to leave in their wake. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well if we’re talking old world here’s a simple example of how a good deity religion could affect your enchanter. Doing the stein of moggok quest if you aren’t a DE you’ll need to illusion into one to go into oggok to get the stein. If you are not agnostic I believe that could cause you some problems including not being able to do the quest. IMO for such an easy quest that gives you a great enchanter item until you replace it with raid drops later on, that’s a pretty significant impact.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its really not tho
It is if that’s how you enjoy the game
Old 01-04-2023, 12:37 PM
Banned

I went agnostic as advised and only visited evil cities once in 57 levels to do the stein of moggok quest where I promptly sold the stein because rod of grandeur + crude stein is better

I have no idea if there are other benefits to visiting evil cities other than to maybe sell stuff?
Old 01-04-2023, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no idea if there are other benefits to visiting evil cities other than to maybe sell stuff?
Killing the guards. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-04-2023, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I went agnostic as advised and only visited evil cities once in 57 levels to do the stein of moggok quest where I promptly sold the stein because rod of grandeur + crude stein is better

Non kos in iksar form is a great boon if you ever want to do the epic,as is non kos in neriak 3rd gate

I'm not sure if tunare/etc is able to do that
Old 01-04-2023, 04:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is a tunare enchanter in iksar form still non kos in cabilis? That are de form in third gate are the only ones that would really matter in terms of getting your snake.

Maybe ogguk to
Can't say for sure about Cabilis as an iksar as I never got that high with my enchanter (it's honestly just too tough a class for me) but as a Tunare high elf with dark elf illusion I was totally fine in the clerics area of Third Gate. So if he ever got to the point of doing the epic he'd be safe around Verina.

He was KoS to The Dead NPCs but that's about it. Pretty easily fixable. Dunno if skeleton illusion would have helped more. Had a human necro that went from glares to kindly with some groups in Neriak when he got to 34. If that wasn't enough, there would be the enhanced faction alliance spells. And if that still wasn't far enough, a ganking or two of Dragoon Szorn would very likely fix it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There was a major hurdle though. At 12 I attempted to do the Stein of Moggok quest, but as an illusioned dark elf with Alliance on Clurg, he was still apprehensive and wouldn't take the book. Probably would have had to wait till 20 with Ogre illusion to do that. Ah well. But yep there really doesn't seem to be any situation with that character that isn't fixable with a little work or more levels.

The more I thought about it, the tougher time I would have playing an agnostic neutral enchanter anyway. With a game like EQ I feel like I really need to pick a side. My tunare enchanter had no issue doing bandit sashes and he probably would have killed troll/ogre/DE guards later. If I rolled an evil enchanter I would feel far better about killing druids/good city guards and the like.
Old 01-04-2023, 04:57 PM
Banned

I never killed any guards because I didn’t want to mess up factions that I also ended up not really needing

I always found as good or better money-making alternatives than guard killing tbh
Old 01-04-2023, 05:02 PM
Kobold

Amazing. For the number of people who profess to know a lot about enchanters, I wonder how many know jack squat. About quests as well.

Stein of Moggok: Ogre illusion for Oggok is better than dark elf, but for those who don't want to wait until 20, here's a tip: just don't be kos (dubious is fine), open trade with clurg and invis up. Indifferent is high enough to complete the quest. duh

Epic: You're goal is to Kill Vessel Drozlin and Verina Tomb.... let's think about that. "Oh, please, gods, don't let me be kos to a mob I'm GOING TO KILL." Heaven forbid.

A serious answer for the question posed earlier: Tunare is going to be an obstacle to just walking around in Iksar illusion in Cabilis. Yes. But what do you really need in there? If you ARE interested in raising your faction there, you should know that the shaman's guild in Cabilis really REALLY hate enchanters, that being layered on top of the deity hate. I know this because I've done (most of) the work on my Tunare high elf enchanter. I'm up to dubious in iksar illusion with Collaboration, so I'll be able to finish off the faction work, and if you remind me later on, I'll tell you what Tunare enchanters cap out with.

Lastly, the only REAL issue you're going to have as a good deity-worshipping enchanter is if you WANT the Venril Sathir faction to get the Worker Sledgemallet through the non-charm method. It is my plan to do that also, but even in dark elf illusion and Collaboration, I'm still threatening. And yes, I have a plan for this. The easier method is having help from a druid or ranger with Harmony, The riskier method is throwing Wave of Tranquility and hope none of that line of skeletons resists and agros. Either way, ivu and done.

Of course, 99% of EQ players are going to think I'm crazy and I should just charm the foreman. And you're right, but we're all adults playing a 20+ year old video game, so which of us is fit to throw stones? It's all about how we each enjoy playing.
Old 01-04-2023, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I never killed any guards because I didn’t want to mess up factions that I also ended up not really needing

I always found as good or better money-making alternatives than guard killing tbh
I wish I knew a better way to consistently make money besides guard killing. But everything along those lines seems to always be camped, or requires a lot of skill I simply don't have.

oh well fuck da police