Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-10-2023, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Ldon and Loy were awesome. Very well played by the majority of players. Noisy raiders dissed the expacs cos they didn’t include massive time sync op gear to keep them busy and wanna be raiders just parroted those opinions to seem elite.

The reality is gunthak and dulak were always buzzing and everyone knowa the 30s/40s are some of the best levels in eq.

Grab your soulsipper from the caves, quest stoicism and have fun on a mid level shaman!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-11-2023, 03:30 AM
Planar Protector

True based on what everyone still playing rallos zek at the time was up to.

Cuz I was still wandering around faydwer looking for people with shiney gear.

When LDON came out it was the end of item loot because of augments and that was my last twink and basically I stopped logging. I dunno if I have stuff on there still. I know I logged on once to see the combined zek server but I don’t remember.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-19-2023, 06:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh you can make the same argument about Velious making Classic content/items useless outside of a handful of exceptions.
Classic era zones are the best place to level still in Velious era, and several areas are good for cash farming.

Kunark has a mix of exp/loot.

And then Velious is best item drops, worst exp.

There are many imbalances and things I wish had been different of course, but Luclin is a bigger jump in the wrong direction.
Old 04-19-2023, 06:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ldon and Loy were awesome. Very well played by the majority of players. Noisy raiders dissed the expacs cos they didn’t include massive time sync op gear to keep them busy and wanna be raiders just parroted those opinions to seem elite.

The reality is gunthak and dulak were always buzzing and everyone knowa the 30s/40s are some of the best levels in eq.

Grab your soulsipper from the caves, quest stoicism and have fun on a mid level shaman!
Blood of nadox was great for higher shamans too! The loy raids were pretty fun, just not aimed for the time crowd, the ldon raids were a bit buggy but the biggest problem problem was the drop from 72 man raids to 36 man raids, 35ac aug for the plats tanks though... hard to beat that loot )