Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-21-2023, 03:19 AM
Planar Protector

I think the toughest part about your goal to be part of a Vox and Nagafen kill is that there's a 16-hour window during which they'll spawn; and the guilds don't rotate anything. Here's how it might go down.

Let's say the last Vox died at 8pm last Friday. That means she could spawn as early as noon this Friday, or as late as 4am this Saturday.
It is now 2pm on Friday and Vox spawns. GuildA and GuildB are watching (yes, they have so many people that they take turns watching for 0-16 hours). They notify their raiding crew within seconds.
All available raiders log in. They all log into their level 52 characters that are permanently parked at the entrance of Permafrost. Both guilds rush toward Vox's lair, forming groups, talking about tactics in voice chat, designating their main tank, etc, and race to engage her. From there, it could be a lot of chaos...maybe GuildA tags Vox first, but she casts her Fear and they go running everywhere, and some of them die to random mobs, and Vox chases one of them all the way out of her lair...now there's a pissed-off lady dragon icing people left and right.

The whole time, you were at work. Suppose she spawned at 3am...you're out of luck. But suppose she spawns at 9pm. Which guild are you in again? Hopefully the one that gets FTE (first to engage) on Vox tonight. :/ And hopefully you know how to run from the entrance of Permafrost to Vox's lair, because who knows if another player has time to guide you. How is your Magic Resist and Cold Resist? And so on.

Nagafen is a little easier because he is a less valuable target to most raiding guilds.

This server's unforgiving mechanics and competitive environment make it impossible to schedule this.

My suggestions: join a guild, any guild that raids; lower your standards to "kill a dragon" as in maybe it won't be Vox or Nagafen; sign up for the batphone notifications and show up when you're available; and keep patience.
Another alternative would be playing on The Al'Kabor Project (all raid content is rotated) or Wayfarer's Haven (same? idk). But man, it's tough to leave P99. It's the realest EQ.

goodnight
Old 04-21-2023, 03:26 AM
Planar Protector

Off the top of my head, I think the last few Voxes on Green were killed by <Kingdom> or <Good Guys>. That might be your best shot if you're gonna go for Vox especially. It's possible <Safe Space> or <Castle> snuck some Vox kills recently. I never know what <Fires of Heaven> do because their raiding times don't intersect with my playing times; and I'm unaware if <The Drift> or <Nova> have leveled up a 52 crew yet.
Old 04-21-2023, 05:35 AM
Planar Protector

You have to join the guilds regularly doing the content you are interested in completing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-21-2023, 07:58 AM
Sarnak

Join Good Guys, Kingdom or Safe Space. Ask about raid requirements and how active you must be. Safe Space anf Good Guys require nothing I believe?
Old 04-21-2023, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“My guild raids pretty much around the clock”

“respawn cycles are *typically* on the weekends (Thurs night + Fri + Sat + Sun)”

“then you need to respond to a batphone”

No thanks
Look, I understand that having had scheduled server maintenance along with a full repop every Tuesday is really attractive because then you could go get the blue-plate special at the IHOP after and not tip your server. But weekend raiding is fun, and in general with more quakes lately, windows have been Saturday/Sunday. Some of us like to game on the weekends!
Old 04-21-2023, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

join a raid guild, put discord on your phone, join the batphone voice channel

mob pops, phone goes off, log in, stare at wall and CH, dragons dead

so exhilarating
Old 04-21-2023, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

There is a draft 6 times per year in which the raid mobs are not contested, but instead drafted by the different raiding guilds. You could consider finding out who drafts Nagafen and Vox, and asking the different guilds if you could attend in order to experience the fights. Whether they say yes or not would depend on the guild, but many people are nice to new players and as long as you're not expecting loot, it wouldn't really hurt anything. Worst that happens is they say no and you ask someone else next time.
Old 04-22-2023, 08:38 AM
Banned

They got agents of change or whatever it is on live so your guild can spawn lady vox for u

p.s. how is it a crime to start swinging on a dragon when its at like 3% hp and maybe get the kill shot if u dont KS it from the guild engaged???
Last edited by magnetaress; 04-22-2023 at 08:42 AM..
Old 04-22-2023, 01:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambparade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am about half way through level 51 on my cleric. This is the highest level I've ever reached in the classic era of Everquest. My brother and myself started playing again around the launch of green and have slowly leveled both of our characters. He is more hardcore then me because he got his first ever crack itch and leveled 2 toons to 50(Wiz and Necro). I'm a pretty casual player and don't' intend on ever being a serious raider.

I would really like to slay Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen and experience it with my brother.

Whats the best way to be a part of these fights? Are their guilds recommended to join?
Like was mentioned above: After you ding level 53 you will be banished from Nagafen or Vox if you cast or melee at all. If you don't care about loot and can ignore some of the more "active" raiders.....personalities, your best bet at seeing these Dragon's corpses the soonest would be to assimilate into the biggest guilds(on Green anyway) <Kingdom> or <Good Guys>. If you like low man challenges and can also tune out more "active" raiders personalities then there are many options also, albeit you will be on the receiving end being overrun by the bigger guilds more often. <Castle>, <Safe Space>, <Fires of Heaven>, and to a lesser extent <The Drift> and <Nova> all experience end game dragons, including Vox and Nagafen from time to time given how the cards land at the given time they appear.

Acclimating to the status quo of raiding in general on Project 1999 is the biggest hurdle in my opinion and it's definately not for everyone. Hope this helps!
Old 04-22-2023, 01:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They got agents of change or whatever it is on live so your guild can spawn lady vox for u

p.s. how is it a crime to start swinging on a dragon when its at like 3% hp and maybe get the kill shot if u dont KS it from the guild engaged???
TLP servers are fun if you have the time to do content in era. After Playing Coirnav in 2018 and Mangler in 2019, Live TLPs were a great way to refresh and relearn alot of the quirks of Everquest after not having played since 2001ish.

That said, the revamped classic zones on Live servers, to me, just didn't check all my nostalgia boxes at the time. I had a alot of fun raiding Classic - Velious on those 2 TLPs, but the speed of new expansion unlocks and my apathy for content post Velious both made Project 1999 more interesting to me personally after I finally came here in early 2020.

No matter where you go at this point, Live or P99, your biggest hurdle will be tuning out the most "dedicated" players personalities and enjoying your time for what it is in this old game we all love.
Last edited by Elijah850; 04-22-2023 at 01:26 PM..