Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-22-2023, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Man, you guys make it sound like raiding on Green or even Blue means you have to be a diaper-wearing degenerate who has no job, social life, or obligations to anything but their keyboard, as if you have to be willing to sacrifice everything and spend 100 hours at your computer every week and be on call every second of the day.
Old 04-22-2023, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, you guys make it sound like raiding on Green or even Blue means you have to be a diaper-wearing degenerate who has no job, social life, or obligations to anything but their keyboard, as if you have to be willing to sacrifice everything and spend 100 hours at your computer every week and be on call every second of the day.

If you want to, yeah.
Or you can do that for an afternoon every couple weeks when you feel like it

There are players who try to hit everything everytime,there is also players who go on raids every third Saturday
Old 04-22-2023, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to, yeah.

There are players who try to hit everything everytime,there is also players who go on raids every third Saturday
Agreed, there is something for everyone - from the guy that shows up 4 times a year to the one that won’t miss a single spawn.

Don’t think that just because you can no-life it for a 16 hrs a day that you have to. That would be wrong.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-22-2023, 05:43 PM
Banned

I mean a lot also depends on what class you play. If you're the MT (or one of them) for your guild prepare to play 24\7 or shell out your account info to every mage main who kinda knows how to tank.
Old 04-22-2023, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't mean to make it sound like that. I was trying to manage OP's expectations. You can see dragons if you are online or ready to raid during an earthquake, or if you are able to respond quickly enough to a batphone of a natural spawn here and there. But killing Vox means being already parked, or bound outside of Permafrost, due to the distance.
Old 04-22-2023, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a draft 6 times per year in which the raid mobs are not contested, but instead drafted by the different raiding guilds. You could consider finding out who drafts Nagafen and Vox, and asking the different guilds if you could attend in order to experience the fights. Whether they say yes or not would depend on the guild, but many people are nice to new players and as long as you're not expecting loot, it wouldn't really hurt anything. Worst that happens is they say no and you ask someone else next time.
Capital idea! Next draft, OP can tag along with whichever guild(s) draft Nagafen and Vox. Those kills will be scheduled and they won't say no to an extra cleric.

OP, please PM me for a link to the UN so you can stay updated on the draft dates and who drafts what.
Old 04-22-2023, 06:36 PM
Banned

You can also just go to vox and nag (or any other raid) whether you're in the guild killing them or not. There's (almost) no rule that says you must vacate the area when a raid happens. If you just want to *see* eq raid mobs it's pretty easy to do no matter who you are, and you can actually learn a lot about how the encounters go just as a spectator.
Old 04-22-2023, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can also just go to vox and nag (or any other raid) whether you're in the guild killing them or not. There's (almost) no rule that says you must vacate the area when a raid happens. If you just want to *see* eq raid mobs it's pretty easy to do no matter who you are, and you can actually learn a lot about how the encounters go just as a spectator.
I was considering saying something like that, something like "just go where they go," but then OP will ask:

How do I know when Vox is?

Know what I'm saying? OP doesn't know Vox's previous time of death, so they don't know the window, and even if they did, they aren't privy to the batphone telling them when Vox spawns. Hopefully OP is bound outside of Permafrost, of course.

And if OP dives in along with <Whatever Guild> and dies, hopefully that guild helps them CR...I'm just not sure it's that helpful for us to say "yeah man, just go where everyone else is going."

So maybe OP just needs to do the work of trying out a guild and showing up to some raids, learning, and hoping that guild goes for Vox during the next X time period (let's say "this year").
Old 04-23-2023, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to, yeah.

My plan when I eventually get into raiding is to be the guy that consistently makes the weekly schedule. For instance, if the guild raids twice a week, once on a day I work and once on my off days, say Thursday and Sunday, my aim is to try and always make it to the Sunday raid, whatever it is, and be consistent and reliable.

Anything beyond that depends on my schedule and how much free time I have.
Old 04-23-2023, 08:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah850 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLP servers are fun if you have the time to do content in era. After Playing Coirnav in 2018 and Mangler in 2019, Live TLPs were a great way to refresh and relearn alot of the quirks of Everquest after not having played since 2001ish.

That said, the revamped classic zones on Live servers, to me, just didn't check all my nostalgia boxes at the time. I had a alot of fun raiding Classic - Velious on those 2 TLPs, but the speed of new expansion unlocks and my apathy for content post Velious both made Project 1999 more interesting to me personally after I finally came here in early 2020.

No matter where you go at this point, Live or P99, your biggest hurdle will be tuning out the most "dedicated" players personalities and enjoying your time for what it is in this old game we all love.
yep this is my #1 gripe i wish we could pick which erra zone we got